Subject: Replacement Nemesis figures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross posting here in case no one follows Hybrid Expansion 1: Nemesis.

I have lost (well, they were taken by someone who said they'd paint them but never did and never returned them) my figures from the Hybrid Expansion 1: Nemesis boxed set and I was hoping I could get the equivalent from the new pre-painted figures.

I also cannot tell from the rulebook what figures come with this box set. I no longer have the box itself, just the contents.

Any help would be appreciated. Or, if you are selling these figures already painted, please send me a message. Thanks.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fom the Icon USA site description of the set:

Quote:
The box contains: 3 miniatures (Griffin Minelayer, Knight Templar of Hod and the Nemesis Clone), 8 boards of game elements (corridors, counters, rooms, etc.), 55 game cards (49 for Hybrid® and 6 for Confrontation® and Rag'Narok®) and 1 rulebook including new missions.

Griffin Minelayer / Rank: Griffin Special. 33 AP.
Knight Templar of Hod / Rank: Griffin Elite. 38 AP.
Nemesis Clone / Rank: Scorpion Creature. 80 AP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I don't suppose you know whether or not they are exclusive to the Nemesis box set? I do not see anything matching them on FFGs site. I'll check Rackham's now.

Again, thanks for the help.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've traded my set away, but according to my 2005 Confrontation catalog all three were exclusive. If you still have your cards, you could easily use proxies, or find a model with similar stats. Wish I had scanned the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get a plastic, pre-painted Aberration Prime for $10 in Fantasy Flight Games holiday sale. It should make a good stand-in for the Nemesis Clone, although you'll still need the card for its Hybrid stats (which you should have, given you said you still have the box contents.

Another $10 will get you a box of six pre-painted Templars (unit box or attachment), which should give you some decent figures to stand-in for the Templar Knight, and possibly the minelayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milgate's advice is solid. Keep in mind the FFG sale ends Monday, though many retailers have been offering deep discounts on Confrontation of late. If you want metal and want to trade let me know -- I have an unbuilt Templars of Hod box set and a couple of Dasyatis Clones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the pointers to which figures would be a good fit. I definitely have all the cards from Hybrid, Nemesis and all the Cry Havoc magazines.

earache, thanks for the offer, but I'm burnt out on painting miniatures at the moment (painting a horde of Tyranids does that to me).

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
earache, thanks for the offer, but I'm burnt out on painting miniatures at the moment (painting a horde of Tyranids does that to me).

No problem -- I'm trying to trade 'em for the same reason. If you missed the FFG sale, Miniature Market is having a half off sale on Confrontation and AT-43. Spend over $75 and shipping is free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.