Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if the company is planning to put out some downloadable quickstart rules?

The game looks interesting, but pretty much everyone I've talked to locally agrees... Nobody here will give ANY miniatures game a second look unless they they can read some quickstart rules and try a test game to get an idea how it works. Otherwise, it's too big a risk. Every other minis game I've played has has downloadable rules, it's just something I consider a standard feature nowadays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you've already hit the site and seen the example game that they've written to show you how it works. I think that's as close as you'll get for the moment... you could always contact someone here who has it or perhaps someone at TMP and see if they could give you a heads up on the game.

good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The following are all available from Spartan's download page:

- a detailed example of play;
- a quick reference sheet abstracting all of the game's rules;
- the critical hit table;
- stats for all of the ships in the initial release;
- full-size counters for two fleets;
- fleet record sheets;
- tokens and templates (including turn gauges).

I can't imagine what more a prospective buyer could ask for, honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greywing wrote:
The following are all available from Spartan's download page:

- a detailed example of play;
- a quick reference sheet abstracting all of the game's rules;
- the critical hit table;
- stats for all of the ships in the initial release;
- full-size counters for two fleets;
- fleet record sheets;
- tokens and templates (including turn gauges).

I can't imagine what more a prospective buyer could ask for, honestly.

As a prospective buyer I could hope that they lose their mind and send me a free copy of each of the Dwarf and Orc fleets along with the Islands and the Sea Monsters. Oh and the rules and the racial cards as well. Whaddya think... any chance of it happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think on page 2 on the action report pdf it should read 16 hits not 14. They show Neil rolling a 2,3,4,6,6,2,2,4,6,5,2,6,6,4,1,6. In the example it says 1-3 are misses and 4-6 are a hits with the 6's being counted as 2 hits. There are 6 of the 6's rolled so 2x6=12 pluss the 4,4,5,and 4 would be 4 more hits for a total of 12+4=16. Am I adding wrong or missing something special in the rules they showed somewhere? As someone semi interested in looking into this game I would like to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarash wrote:
I think on page 2 on the action report pdf it should read 16 hits not 14.

I just looked at the PDF and I believe you're right. No special counting rules in play here, I think they just screwed that up. (Massive overkill in either case, but still.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.