Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Duplantis
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a friend of mine used the wet nurse card, she has all 5 members of her family, but at the next harvest she didn't have enough food. She only had 3 food. Does the begging cards exhaust or do they stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Begging cards are unlimited in the game. A player could potentially earn 10 of them in one turn. If more than the five cards included in the game need to be given out, you can use multipliers or just mark the extra on the score cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
–21 points is pretty harsch…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've earned 7 in one game!

Duffzilla played the card that limits other players to only using 2 of their farmers for a certain time. I had a long term strategy planned, so when that card dropped, I watched everything self-destruct! soblue The end score was Sharita 32, Duff 31 and myself -23.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Do this if you run out of begging cards frequently:

Deal each player one begging card at the beggining of the game. Whenever a player needs to beg, he places one food token on his begging card for each food begged for. At the end of the game, each food on your begging card is worth -3 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:

I'd say, if you frequently run out of begging cards, you need to revise your strategy…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The worse I've seen is one player got 6 begging cards in one turn. The last turn of the game for a final score of 6 points. It was disheartening to watch, but it made me grateful that my family had a roof over their heads and food in their bellies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Ponton wrote:

I'd say, if you frequently run out of begging cards, you need to revise your strategy…

Absolutely true. My crew and I took about a half dozen games, tops, to realize that if you end up with even one begging card, you need to seriously re-evaluate what the heck you're doing. The begging card penalty is stiff because you're really, really, really not supposed to let your family go hungry. It's very bad form.

Still, our current record for most begging cards taken by a player in one game is eight. And that would have been moi. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:

Deal each player one begging card at the beggining of the game. Whenever a player needs to beg, he places one food token on his begging card for each food begged for. At the end of the game, each food on your begging card is worth -3 points.
And then there are cases where one person gets alot of begging cards whereas another gets alot of the food.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.