CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb

I was watching on the discovery channel last night about a manned mission to mars. They were talking about protecting the Astronauts against "Cosmic Radiation" and stated that Polyethylene was found to be a great shield against it.

First thing I thought was, heck I have 200 games filled with all kinds of zip lock baggies. So in case of a supernova, I'll just wrap myself in the loving protection of my boardgames.

Ahhhhhh, sweet boardgames to kill the pain!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

I was watching on the discovery channel last night about a manned mission to mars. They were talking about protecting the Astronauts against "Cosmic Radiation" and stated that Polyethylene was found to be a great shield against it.

First thing I thought was, heck I have 200 games filled with all kinds of zip lock baggies. So in case of a supernova, I'll just wrap myself in the loving protection of my boardgames.

Ahhhhhh, sweet boardgames to kill the pain!

I think the REAL point to take from all this is that your GAMES will be safe when the Cosmic Radiation attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
So in case of a supernova, I'll just wrap myself in the loving protection of my boardgames.

Hey if a fridge can protect Indiana from a nuclear blast, then I don't see why boardgames won't protect you in case of a supernova. You won't have any planet left to stand on, but that's another problem entirely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
So in case of a supernova, I'll just wrap myself in the loving protection of my boardgames.

Hey if a fridge can protect Indiana from a nuclear blast, then I don't see why boardgames won't protect you in case of a supernova. You won't have any planet left to stand on, but that's another problem entirely!

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Clearly, that's just a reason to accumulate enough games that your collection has its own gravitational pull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Progmode wrote:
pdclose wrote:
...You won't have any planet left to stand on, but that's another problem entirely!

Clearly, that's just a reason to accumulate enough games that your collection has its own gravitational pull.

Either that or just use the air stored in all the little baggies to sustain you while you float around the cosmos looking for a new planet to live on. You don't vacuum seal those suckers too, do you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Why wait?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew my games were going to live on forever!

You unbelievers may laugh now but us component baggers will leave the legacy of board games behind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.