Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Fredericks
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a scout moves on a corner tile with his first action, is the rest of the path immediately revealed or does he have to wait till "phase 3: The Lurker places new Jungle tiles..." therefore waisting his last move?

This seems a little weird because the Lurker player can then spring 6 lurkers on the scout! Even 2 scouts + 1 sergeant have almost no chance of resisting such and onslaught!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that you have to wait, and dont lurkers get placed after the tiles are placed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
mrtof wrote:
When a scout moves on a corner tile with his first action, is the rest of the path immediately revealed or does he have to wait till "phase 3: The Lurker places new Jungle tiles..." therefore waisting his last move?
Yes, he "wastes" his second action, but if there are some lurkers there: fire at will!

mrtof wrote:
This seems a little weird because the Lurker player can then spring 6 lurkers on the scout! Even 2 scouts + 1 sergeant have almost no chance of resisting such and onslaught!
Once you move, the Lurker player places new tiles, so he won't be able to create a new 6-lurker stack on your marine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Fredericks
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oups, my mistake, you are both right, you will get a 5-lurker stack surprise ambush since most of the time it always seems I draw a corner when in that situtation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting; I missed the rule that new tiles aren't placed until after the marine player's actions. I've been playing that new tiles are immediatley drawn when moving into open ended spaces.

I'm not sure I like this rule, as written, as much. It already seems hard enough for the marines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played this whereby the tiles are placed as you move. I prefer maintaining theme over mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sequence of play is definitely remove and replace tiles AFTER Marines take their actions.

To change this (with a House Rule) and place tiles as the Marines move should give the Marines an advantage in that they may not "waste" actions. And, they can see what is around the next corner as they move. It wont change how close Lurkers can be placed to scouts, except it would allow marines to move, have a tile placed, and then move back two tiles from any new Lurkers placed on the new tile. One-step-forward, one-step-back would probably slow down the game. A distinct disadvantage to this House Rule is new tiles would be placed before unseen tiles are removed. Occasionally, the removal of unseen tiles before new tiles are placed keeps the jungle path from getting blocked off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.