Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Belyakov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
Stop tickling my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend we played our second mission with the gang, which was the Showdown - something simple to get the ship-to-ship combat rules down.

During requisitions, the Silicoid Marine asked for a Disintegrator. What a nice big shiny gun, he said. Tremble in fear before the mighty Bisector, he said. I will single-handedly slay the entire enemy crew, he said. Truth be told, the weapon does have this aura about it.

However, the fabled Disintegrator turned out to be a complete drag. He didn't manage to score a single hit during the boarding action. And we started seriously questioning the usefulness of this weapon.

The target needs to make an Athletics check vs. 8 to be unaffected. This means that even with Athletics 1 it is killed on a 6 or less. And when Athletics is 2 (turned out to be a rather common occurrence with Rank 2 enemies), it hits on a 5 or less! And you can't even re-roll that with Luck, as it's not your roll! That is so pathetic!

So I have to ask - is there anything that redeems this weapon? Or the higher your Rank becomes, the more useless is this thing, as your enemies tend to have Athletics 3, Athletics 4, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Strauss
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belyakoff wrote:

So I have to ask - is there anything that redeems this weapon? Or the higher your Rank becomes, the more useless is this thing, as your enemies tend to have Athletics 3, Athletics 4, etc.?

Needle Pistol + Oucho makes it a lot better.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Use the suscepto with it. You hit target it -3 to altheltic checks. Now you are in buisness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Johnson
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it works really well if you want to destroy bots or equipment being held by the enemy.

stay well,

jj

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Strauss
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister wrote:
Use the suscepto with it. You hit target it -3 to altheltic checks. Now you are in buisness.

Darn... yeah, It´s suscepto instead of Oucho. Anyway, it helps a lot against anything living.

JJ wrote:
it works really well if you want to destroy bots or equipment being held by the enemy.

I wonder about using a disintegrator against power armor. 7 or less and the PA is gone?

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
7 or less and the PA is gone.

This is luckable, by the PA wearer, though.

js

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Strauss
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ourhero wrote:
7 or less and the PA is gone.

This is luckable, by the PA wearer, though.

js

I wonder if upgraded items should get a bonus on that roll. Makes some sense. PAs could get a +1 for each upgrade.

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.