Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keeping the rubber side down.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The witching hour finally struck at my Dominion table. My wife and I played our first random game and the Witch graced our table for the first time. I drew 2 copper on my first turn and passed. On my second turn I purchased my first of 5 Witches. My wife purchased a Bureaucrat. As the game moved on, I loaded up on Villages and Witches. My wife was mining for better money and drawing Silvers with her Bureaucrat. I was not buying money and I quickly realized that I couldn’t draw enough cash to buy anything so I started taking Thiefs. I decided that I didn’t want anything to interfere with my Village, Village, Village, Witch, Witch, Thief, Workshop for a Thief turns, so I decided to just trash all the Silvers that I pulled from her deck. I left the Coppers behind. They were crap in my deck, so I figured they would not be helping her much either. I eventually played 3 Thief cards and failed to take any money from her so I began to remodel them for Witches and Gold. I did steal 2 Gold from her along the way. Her deck was complete garbage at this point, no money to speak of, so she started remodeling her curses and buying Dutchys. Her strategy almost worked. I went many turns without ever having enough money to buy anything. We ran out of Remodels and Villages, and the Estate pile was down to a single card. I got dealt a Village, 2 Remodels, a Gold, and a Curse. I Villaged, then Remodeled my Gold for a Provence and Remodeled my Curse for the last Estate. Game Over.

I had given her so many Curses, many of which she returned in epithets, that I just assumed that I could win with no points. I took those final 7 points just to show off my dominating skills. It turns out that she was very effective with the Remodeling of the curses and the buying of the Dutchys. She ended up with 10 Estates, 3 Dutchys, and 14 Curses. I had 3 Curses, 4 Estates, and 1 Provence.

The Wife: 5 points

Me: 7 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only use 10 curse cards with two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have missed that page in the instructions. Well, that makes some sense because they were really powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10 curses for each player MINUS 10 curses:

2 -> 10
3 -> 20
4 -> 30
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
( n - 1 ) x 10 where n is the number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerie Putman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjoster wrote:
so I decided to just trash all the Silvers that I pulled from her deck. I left the Coppers behind. They were crap in my deck, so I figured they would not be helping her much either.

I might be misunderstanding your report, but you cannot choose not to trash the Copper if it is the only Treasure card revealed. If your opponent reveals a Copper and a non-Treasure card, you must trash the Copper even though you realize it might help them. You are not obligated to gain the Copper yourself, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
statonv wrote:
I might be misunderstanding your report, but you cannot choose not to trash the Copper if it is the only Treasure card revealed. If your opponent reveals a Copper and a non-Treasure card, you must trash the Copper even though you realize it might help them. You are not obligated to gain the Copper yourself, though.

You are right, I was playing it wrong. I read the card again and it is rather clear. Yet another thing I learned today. I will keep posting these reports until I really play the game right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.