Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a tactical system for VBAM and noticed they had a Starmada edition for VBAM.

Do these rules pretty much make that product obsolete if I want to use Admiralty Edition?

Just trying to figure out which verison of Starmada to get.

Starmada X or Brigade Edition or Admiralty Edition,

and whether getting VBAM:Starmada edition is still a good idea if I go with AE.

Thanks for any help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say 95% of SM:AE still works with the VBAM:SM book. Like Starmada still has the macro Tech Level system, it's just that a lot of the weapon properties have changed so their costs may not be properly balanced, and some may not even be listed. But everything else would be untouched since the line was already pretty clearly drawn between VBAM being the strategic and Starmada being the tactical layers.

The Admirality Edition is definitely worth getting as it improves a ton of stuff. The movement rules in particular. If you are still on the fence, PM me and tonight I can flip through the books and be more specific.

PS: Starmada freaking rules.

PPS: Iirc from the last time I followed this subject, the Starmada team was focusing on making their own whole new campaign system, so they weren't updating VBAM:SM. Their forum is down though so I can't verify that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starmada is the best overall space combat game I've ever played. The ease of ship construction with the spreadsheet is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pote
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dan, of MJXII, just posted a zip file containing the conversion documents allowing the use of Starmada:AE with VBAM Starmada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.