Perikles» Forums » General

Subject: Number of Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Winnipeg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this with 5 and it was a blast.

Has anyone played with both 3 and 5 players? How did it compare? I am thinking that it would not be as good with 3.

I have a chance to play this with a 3 player group but am hesitant to bring it out in case it disappoints with that number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one time I played it with three, I didn't find it very interesting. There wasn't very much competition in the first phase. I love it with either four or five, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it at 3 and never again with that number. Negotiation games with 3 players are not interesting.

I'm dying to try it with 4 or preferably 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the replies. I really wanted to introduce a couple of people to it but there is no point if the game doesn't deliver with three.

Shakar wrote:
I tried it at 3 and never again with that number. Negotiation games with 3 players are not interesting.

I'm dying to try it with 4 or preferably 5.

All I can say is that it is an amazing experience with 5. So much dealing and back stabbing both in the politics phase and the battle phase. I lost my last game just because I couldn't get an assassination token on the last turn to kill the prime candidate of Corinth. You need to play with people who understand and enjoy its dirty, double dealing nature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
I thought it was just fine with 3, but then again...
Shakar wrote:
Negotiation game...
I didn't see that coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
rgmnetid wrote:
I thought it was just fine with 3, but then again...
Shakar wrote:
Negotiation game...
I didn't see that coming.

My thoughts exactly. Were we supposed to be negotiating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.