United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's something else for Adam to foam at the mouth about...

One of the selling points of the Deluxe Starter is that it is guaranteed to have a Loot card in it. Well, there was a problem with the collation of the sets, and not all Deluxe Starters have a Loot card. The way that UDE plans to remedy the situation is by allowing buyers of the Deluxe Starter to send in the bottom corner of page 41 of the rulebook (as a proof of purchase) to receive a Loot card in the mail.

Now, what this means is that everyone will get their Loot card, but some folks may get two, because I'm sure even those whose box DID contain a Loot card will send out for another one.

There's no word about what percentage of the boxes lack a Loot card, and there's also no word about what percentage of the Loot cards will be good Loot cards (i.e. - not Slashdance).

Scroll down about halfway through this page to see the details of the replacement policy: http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wowminis/en/news/default....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

Mine didn't come with a loot card, but it came with two Epics (even worse!).

Tanaris map, which looks good enough. The Scenarios are.. lackluster.

I'm currently mapping out a 3 player FFA map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lacota wrote:
Interesting.

Mine didn't come with a loot card, but it came with two Epics (even worse!).

Tanaris map, which looks good enough. The Scenarios are.. lackluster.

I'm currently mapping out a 3 player FFA map.

Which Epics!? I'm looking to trade my Thrall for another epic!

Lemme know!

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI, the Upper Deck folks say that the rarity distribution of the mailed Loot cards will be the same as the distribution in the boxes. In other words, you're most likely going to get the Slashdance card, since that the common Loot card, but there are also rare cards (Owned! and Red Bearon) that will be mailed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Just FYI, the Upper Deck folks say that the rarity distribution of the mailed Loot cards will be the same as the distribution in the boxes. In other words, you're most likely going to get the Slashdance card, since that the common Loot card, but there are also rare cards (Owned! and Red Bearon) that will be mailed out.

Yeah, and what are the chances that they will choose to mail out the most expensive loot card, since each one of those has to be individually placed into a mailer, they are going to see which one is which. How easy would it be for them to just mail out the cheap ones, since there's no way for you to check if ANYONE got a Red Bearon from sending in a proof of purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly understand the concern. I think the major mitigating factor here is that the Loot cards all "cost" the same to Upper Deck. That is, they cost the same to manufacture. True, the rare cards go for much more money on the secondary markets like ebay, but there's really no motivation for Upper Deck to be dishonest about this unless some of them are personally profiting by selling the rares themselves. I would hope that's a pretty unlikely scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IRON SPECTRE wrote:

Are the workers all naked so there is no where to hide cards being smuggled out, like workers in columbian drug labs lol

All the workers are balding men over 45, with paunches, man-boobs, copious body hair especially on the back and shoulders, with very thick glasses, and eczema. At least that's what my tour turned up. You should have seen all their faces when we opened that door and turned on the light. Really sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the "worker pocketing" theory is why many of the Deluxe Starters are missing Loot cards in the first place.

Hmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
IRON SPECTRE wrote:
But as valuable as they are we sure as hell are not going to vandalize our manuals just to get a "slash dance" in the mail.

I understand the motivation to keep it pristine, but I'll take the risk. Given that the Comprehensive Rulebook is the real rulebook anyway, there's no loss in giving up the corner of the back page of the starter manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wittdooley wrote:

Which Epics!? I'm looking to trade my Thrall for another epic!

Lemme know!

Sean

Already have two Thralls, but thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I finally snagged a copy of the Deluxe.

I was VERY disappointed to find out that I already have 4 of the 6 minis included.
cry

My disappointment was short-lived though, because not only did my box contain a Loot card, it contained a Red Bearon.
SCORE!

[happydance]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
So I finally snagged a copy of the Deluxe.

I was VERY disappointed to find out that I already have 4 of the 6 minis included.
cry

My disappointment was short-lived though, because not only did my box contain a Loot card, it contained a Red Bearon.
SCORE!

[happydance]

I did that same happydance when I pulled one, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
IRON SPECTRE wrote:
Finding a RED BEARON reminds me of "Charlie and the chocolate factory", its the "Wonka's golden ticket" of the gaming world

Yet another great analogy.

Now my question is whether to USE it (since I do play the online game quite often) or to SELL it (since it goes for about $150 on ebay). I would never buy one for $150, but since I got one for "free" it makes the decision a bit more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Use it!

You'll pull another eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I just got mine and it had some common Human Mage Ally but no Loot Card. Thanks for the link and I will update this when my loot card arrives

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.