Steven D
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got Ka-Ching for my b-day yesterday and my girlfriend and I sat down to play right away.

We were looking for something to compete with Lost Cities for a portable, 2 player, easy to play card came.
Ka-Ching hit the spot.

Components: The box holds the cards. Can't complain. The cards themselves are of a lower quality and I'm worried that repeated play will beat them up a bit... but I guess that comes with the lower price tag on the game.

Rules: Easy to understand (I won't run them down here, other Geeks have done a good job at that). After reading them through once and starting to play we only had to look at them again once or twice to clear up the odd "what if" questions.

Game Play: This is a little bit more engaging that the other games I have from Gamewright (There's a Moose in the House, Match of the Penguins, and Loot).

The first thing I noticed is that there is a fair bit of math to the game. It is nothing brain burning, but running the numbers is something that can not be avoided. Well, I guess if you are not playing competitively you can avoid it. I just had the feeling that there was always a best play in front of me... and I'd find it if I spent a bit more time looking for it.

Get ready to be multiplying multiple sets of cards before deciding what to pick up, what to leave your opponent, what to sell... and then you get to figure out the best order to do it all in.

While some of the plays are obvious, most of the time I found myself having to make a tough decision, "Should I buy the six now and have little money left or should I sell something to get some cash?" or "Should I buy the low number stock to open an opportunity for a next move or should I sell something using my wild and force my opponent to buy the low card?"
Over all, good stuff here.

Replayability: Lots. Every time the cards are dealt it is a new puzzle. It plays fast so a few games in a night would be easy.

Over all: We enjoyed this quite a bit. Is it better than Lost Cities (for us)? Well, it plays quicker, has tough decisions that can affect the other player, there is little luck (almost a perfect information game) and is easy to teach and learn. On the other hand, it has a bigger foot print (important if you want to play on an airplane), and at this point I'm not sure how the cards will hold up. So while I doubt it will replace Lost Cities, it is a welcome addition and will be played.

(6 stars out of 10, better that your average game)

Edited to include game links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveD. wrote:
So while I doubt it will replace Lost Cities, it is a welcome addition and will be played.

(6 stars out of 10, better that your average game)

This pretty much sums up my feelings on this game perfectly. It's fun and a good play. I'm a "mathy" person though so I find that it works better when I play against another "mathy" person (so to speak).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.