Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question for those in the know: how well will Mayfair's More Cosmic Encounter work with the FFG edition?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can certainly use the moons and the lucre with the FFG version... you'll be hardpressed to add in any of the cards- unless you sleeve them all. And of course, the aliens will probably mesh well enough. There's some terminology conversions that need to take place, but it's not too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Just a quick question for those in the know: how well will Mayfair's More Cosmic Encounter work with the FFG edition?

I don't see why you couldn't use the lucre and moons with the FFG set. Ideally, FFG will eventually publish their own versions, but if you need to add them now, that's one way to do it.

There will probably be some overlap with the powers. I'm not sure, because I don't know the full contents of either set. But, the lucre-based powers will obviously not be in FFG.

As for the destiny cards and comets, you would have to completely swap out the FFG cards, as they will have different backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Warp wrote:
You can certainly use the moons and the lucre with the FFG version... you'll be hardpressed to add in any of the cards- unless you sleeve them all. And of course, the aliens will probably mesh well enough. There's some terminology conversions that need to take place, but it's not too bad.

Jinx....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
I don't know, if the cards are the same size, it shouldn't matter that much if you combine the two decks. Just because you'd know whether a card was Mayfair or FFG doesn't mean you'd have any idea what that card was. I guess if you memorized both decks it would end up being a problem, but if you've gotten to that point, the FFG expansion will probably not be far behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!

Anyone want to buy a copy ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.