Hide
4 Posts

World of Warcraft Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Where to play WoW casually in NYC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Chase
msg tools
Anyone know where to play some casual pick up games in NYC. Just started playing, and am not familiar with the gaming stores around here. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Best advice: Go to a local game store and find out when their open gaming night is. After you go to a couple of those, you can hook up with some of the other game groups of the regulars there.

I don't live in NYC, nor have I ever been there, but according to some other posts from NYC folks here the best stores in the city are The Compleat Strategist ( http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com ) and Neutral Ground. However, Neutral Ground declared yesterday that they are closing. I'm not sure when their closing date is, but here is their site: http://www.neutralground.com/

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Strat did not have any open game nights last I was there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some game stores (particularly the ones that don't have the space for open game nights) have a LFG (looking for group) board where folks can pin up game group ads or requests.

If your local store doesn't have such a board, suggest it to them. I don't think too many stores would object to making space for such a service to their customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.