Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to work my way through a couple of Chess-variants and have run into trouble. If the mods could assist me, I would be very pleased.

First off, there is the game Chaturanga. The wikipedia entry for it is inconsistant to the actual game itself. You can see the wiki entry here: Chaturanga-Wiki. The game should actually look something like this: Chaturaji-Wiki. But there is currently no game entry for Chaturaji.

Second, there are two games where there should be only one. They are Shatranj and Ouk Chatrang. You can see the game here: Chatrang/Shatranj-Wiki

So in summary:

1. Chaturanga should be renamed Chaturaji.
2. A new game should then be added to the database called Chaturanga.
3. Shatranj and Ouk Chatrang should be merged.

I hope this makes sense.

I've been researching this some more and my original thoughts were incorrect. I believe either I or the wikipedia pages were mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This happens quite often. See a few examples here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/12050

Submit a correction on the gamepages; those are always looked at, forumposts not (always).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.