I have been trying to work my way through a couple of Chess-variants and have run into trouble. If the mods could assist me, I would be very pleased.
First off, there is the game Chaturanga. The wikipedia entry for it is inconsistant to the actual game itself. You can see the wiki entry here: Chaturanga-Wiki. The game should actually look something like this: Chaturaji-Wiki. But there is currently no game entry for Chaturaji.
Second, there are two games where there should be only one. They are Shatranj and Ouk Chatrang. You can see the game here: Chatrang/Shatranj-Wiki
So in summary:
1. Chaturanga should be renamed Chaturaji.
2. A new game should then be added to the database called Chaturanga.
3. Shatranj and Ouk Chatrang should be merged.
I hope this makes sense.
I've been researching this some more and my original thoughts were incorrect. I believe either I or the wikipedia pages were mistaken.
- Last edited Sun Feb 1, 2009 4:45 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:37 am
This happens quite often. See a few examples here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/12050
Submit a correction on the gamepages; those are always looked at, forumposts not (always).