Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always wanted to go to a convention. Meet lots of players, get to play the latest games and OOP games. sounds cool. However if I'm going to invest the needed money to reach a convention I'd like to get an extra benefit and have a chance to meet publisher and show them my games (after all my PnP games get good enough ratings here on BGG).
So I'm looking for a convention that known publisher arrive there BUT have the time to meet with designers and listen to them. A convention that there isn't too much pressure on them
I assume Essen is a greap place to see planty of publisher (and the cheapest one for me to arrive to) but I am also guessing they don't really have time to meet with designers.
So which convention (In the States and Europe) would you recommand?

On more bit of info: My designs are Eurostyle games and of course this affects which conventions are relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grieshop
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses - but - off hand, I'd say Essen would be your best bet. (I wonder about some of the other European shows - and would be interested to hear what other people say - I've only been to Essen so far.)

The publishers DO make time to talk to designers - a lot of business is done at Essen... You might want to plan times to meet with publishers, and actually set appointments with them.

I know from experience that most of the big European publishers have offices in their booths, and most of the US publishers, if they don't have access to an office, definitely make time to meet with designers.

But I'd really suggest making appointments well in advance of going. The publishers are set up to handle this. And I'd also suggest dropping by early (like the day before, if you can), and meet the people you're meeting with, and confirming the appointment.

Good luck to you!

Russell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Nuremberg
2. Essen
3. New York
4. Indy
5. Columbus
6. Oberhausen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grieshop
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John;

I know there is a Toy Fair in Nuremberg - that's also a game convention, isn't it? Is it open to the public? I know Toy Fair in New York is not open to the public.

Thanks!

Russell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy a badge for either in advance from the organizers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.