Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keeping the rubber side down.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I would like to thank all of you who gave me a heads up about my inclusion of to many Curses during my first Witch game. The rules are quite clear, I just didn’t bother read them the first time through. I decided to play the same game again now that we had the rules straight.

The game didn’t go the same way at all. Witches become quite a bit less attractive in a two player game. Filling my deck with Witches when the best I can do is give you 10 Curse cards dissuaded me from following that strategy again. Instead, I followed a more traditional strategy of Villages, and Bureaucrats early. I moved on to Festivals, Council Rooms, and Remodels. I was routinely playing through my entire deck each turn. I would Remodel the Bureaucrats into Gold or Council Rooms, and I would have 12-15 money to spend each turn on 3ish buys. At first I was buying more kingdom cards, but ultimately I was using my buying power for VPs. It was impressive and tough to beat. On my last turn, I Remodeled 2 Gold in Provences and purchased a Dutchy to go along with it. I had several Curses, but I had Remodeled several on them into Estates during the game.

The Wife: 19 points

Me: 36 points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know - giving someone ten curses can be pretty bad news IMO. The key to witches in a two-player game is (again, IMHO) giving the opponent more curses than he gives to you (assuming no easy remodel or chapels to trash them), without being stuck with a load of expensive +2 card draw actions once the curses have been depleted. It also makes the game more likely to finish on the "three depleted piles" rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keeping the rubber side down.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my game we had Remodels and better 5 cost draw options so I let her Witch and I took the Remodels and lots of actions and cards. I can see how they would be useful in the absences of other draw cards and Remodels though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I had a 2P game last night where the other guy took witches and I took Gardens. My gardens were worth 6 points each at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.