If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
You know who you are and you know what you did. Thank you. You're aces in my book. I now offer up my Wookie life-debt to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
By your command. I'll go into Sleeper-Cylon mode and await activation.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
You know who you are and you know what you did. Thank you. You're aces in my book. I now offer up my Wookie life-debt to you.

Joe, indeed I do know who I am, and I know what I did. Considering that we've never met before or ever had contact with one another previously, I'm pleased to know that I'm aces in your book, and that you are so appreciative of my efforts. You are very kind to offer up your Wookie life-debt, but I insist that such a generous offer is entirely unnecessary.

On the other hand I do have a small favour to ask of you, and I'm confident you will only be too happy to accept, given your generous appreciation. You are no doubt aware that under the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Immigration and Refugee Board has appointed an International Council of Friendship to carry out the provisions of Bill C-421, which provides for the relocation of refugees in the homes of Americans. As a member of this Council, and as part of our fostering scheme for greater World understanding, I would be delighted if you could assist the Council by representing the American spirit of hospitality and friendship, and hosting a refugee family from Central African Republic as guests in your home for the next four months.

As we are sure you will appreciate, this period of time will allow them to adapt themselves to our way of life. These people have suffered great social upheaval and physical deprivation and we will be grateful if you will do everything in your power to make their stay in your home as pleasant as possible. This will mean re-organising your home and personal habits to ensure a smooth transition.

The family we have selected to stay with you is the Ibraim Koyode family, pictured here:

The Koyode family consists of the father, his three wives, eleven children, one wife's brother and the father's grandparents together with two Brahim bulls. The bulls are classed as sacred beasts and you may find it necessary to approach the local authorities concerning their accommodation. A heated garage would be ideal. The bulls' feed consists of Pampas grass, boiled ham, sultanas and peanuts.

We trust this will not be too expensive to finance but the Koyodes are unfortunately all on social security. As these social security payments are rather small we should be grateful if you would give the family pocket money on a weekly basis. About $25 each should suffice. An important point to note is that the animal droppings are to remain where they fall for a minimum of 72 hours, to avoid upsetting the religious feelings of the family. We trust that in the true American spirit you will be accepting of these different cultural practices, and sensitive to the feelings of this family.

To aid you in feeding the family we are forwarding 8 pounds of curry powder and chappatis and 17 pounds of salt fish. We are also sending a booklet entitled "African Cooking North American Style" as well as a health booklet entitled "Causes and Cures for Enteric Dysentery Ailments" together with 24 pairs of bicycle clips and 600 toilet rolls. We should be grateful if you would make prompt payment for these items when delivered. Your family would do well to consider updating your immunization status with the Viral B69 shot to protect yourself from African viruses. This shot should be available from your local medical practitioner for under $250, for which you will be eligible for a 30% rebate from the International Council of Friendship.

Full access to your entire board game collection for the family would be much appreciated. Having several work stations available to ensure regular internet access is also mandatory, so that the family can stay in touch with relatives in Nigeria and access their 419 email accounts.

Joe, I'm sending this message now, so you have seven days notice of the arrival date for the family, which is December 17, 2008. We would be grateful if you will arrange documentation so that the family can obtain their rightful amounts of Social Security and Supplementary benefits. An Immigration Settlement Officer will be in contact with you the day after their arrival, to ensure that you have made all the necessary arrangements.

We trust that you are excited as we are about this opportunity to reflect the American spirit of friendship and love to the world. I realize it is a small favour to ask of you, and pales in comparison besides your offer of a Wookie life-debt, so I am confident you will only be too happy to oblige.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
joebelanger wrote:
I now offer up my Wookie life-debt to you.

You are very kind to offer up your Wookie life-debt, but I insist that such a generous offer is entirely unnecessary.[...] I realize it is a small favour to ask of you, and pales in comparison besides your offer of a Wookie life-debt, so I am confident you will only be too happy to oblige.

Wookiee life-debt, people. Wookiee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emperorhand wrote:
EndersGame wrote:
joebelanger wrote:
I now offer up my Wookie life-debt to you.

You are very kind to offer up your Wookie life-debt, but I insist that such a generous offer is entirely unnecessary.[...] I realize it is a small favour to ask of you, and pales in comparison besides your offer of a Wookie life-debt, so I am confident you will only be too happy to oblige.

Wookiee life-debt, people. Wookiee.

That extra e is important... without it, an ewok is only 4/6 of a wookiee, not 4/7, which is much closer to the 1/2 as declared by Jabba himself, George Lucas.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:

Dear Mr. Joe Balengar,

Am glad you have found are mutual arangment benneficial. When I first approached you about helping out my inprisoned family by tranferrings our millions and millions of dollars america to your acount for small stippend, I was overjoyed and praised god you were not consider me a fake. my big fears did not happen.

i know our beuteful relations have just started, and too am ekcited to see things progressing wonderfuly. We hit a minor snag, and Mr. Smyth will be contacting you shortly. seems the 10,000.00 US AMERICA that you sent to holding bank was not enough and there paperwork estimate was in error. It's only small hill and my promise to you is bonus of twice ammount we promise at first if you sent anotehr 10,000.00 AMERCA US.

Thank you so much for time and love understanding, go with peace praise god,

Cheif Counsil Advisor Hammil Jyeakle
Nigerian Government

edit: many apologise, i fix typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
EndersGame wrote:
I'm confident you will only be too happy to accept

EndersGame has a sense of humor, so cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:

I thought I asked you never to speak of this in public...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:

It's who I am, It's what I do. Now it is your turn to pay it forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.