Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played a solitaire wargame. Does the opponent always do the same thing every time? What do you do after you beat the scenarios?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The AI does not act the same way every time - actions are based on a die roll for each area of the map and depending on conditions the AI forces act accordingly. Each scenario has a set of parameters that you can change to make for a more challenging game so that you can mix it up a bit if you feel you need to. There is replayability though I do think that after a certain amount of games it may become a bit stale. From what I understand more scenarios may become available for the game though the designer - not positive on that. So far I am not bored and I have played each scenario several times. In fact - I own and play a lot of solo games. This is one of the most refreshing solo designs I have seen in a long time - mainly due to its simple rules set - nice production value - and excellent game play. I am looking forward to the next game in this series. Enjoy

shadow9d9 wrote:
I have never played a solitaire wargame. Does the opponent always do the same thing every time? What do you do after you beat the scenarios?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi54
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game in its simplicity allows you to have an AI wich can vary from very stupid to very clever. It0s like meeting a new opponent every time.
Some examples of play:
Attack: AI draws a number of battle plans equal to the number of units of AI + some additonal if AI has a lot of supply available at the moment of the battle.
These battle plans are chits that you randomly take from an opaque cup.
So you never know what you will draw. This is the core of the battle: uncertainity... So sometimes you get a very very strong AI.
Of course, as said before, more AI units means more battle plans chits to draw, but there are a lot of tough chits, like Ambush (AI attack first, so the attack is not, in the first round, simultanous), Deploy (AI deploys another one unit that you randomly draw from a separate cup), Disrupt (you have to roll to see how many supplies you loose...), Dig In (AI avoids one step loss). The draw combination is making every attack not sure.. forget the usual ratio system, forget the 3:1 perfect attack!
I like a lot this game and every time I play I get some nice/nasty surprises.
After more than 34 plays I still like this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.