Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a map you can download on this site. Can anyone offer some advice on how to print it? I have a standard printer at home, yet the map wants to print on one page only. Lacking a two foot by three foot printer, how can I effectively break the map up into letter size junks for printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MachewR wrote:
There is a map you can download on this site. Can anyone offer some advice on how to print it? I have a standard printer at home, yet the map wants to print on one page only. Lacking a two foot by three foot printer, how can I effectively break the map up into letter size junks for printing?

For the PDF, bring up the print dialog, then go to "page handling" about half-way down the left side of that box. There's a pull-down menu there that you need to set to "tile all pages" I believe. That should then tile the 2x3 into 8.5x11 pages.

If you're printing color, make sure your printer is set to "full bleed" or "edge to edge" printing so you don't get that irritating white border to trim...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Moore
United States
KC area
Missouri
flag msg tools
Less talking about games and more playing games.
badge
Print-n-Play Wargames and Miniatures Rules www.wargamedownloads.com
mbmbmbmbmb
dogmatix wrote:

For the PDF, bring up the print dialog, then go to "page handling" about half-way down the left side of that box. There's a pull-down menu there that you need to set to "tile all pages" I believe. That should then tile the 2x3 into 8.5x11 pages.

Not all print drivers have this ability.

dogmatix wrote:

If you're printing color, make sure your printer is set to "full bleed" or "edge to edge" printing so you don't get that irritating white border to trim...

Not all printers have this ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice. Will check it out. I do use an iMac. Cutting off white borders is not problem as I use a rotary cutter. I also glue the cheets to those foamies you get at the hobby shop. They are light weight and do remain flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Noonan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the wonder of OS X freeware I have created and uploaded a file named "WS&IM_Map_(paged).pdf"

This is the same map uploaded by bkindt but I've chopped it into pages for easier printing.

In the teach them how to fish dept: I used the OS X freeware "Image Tool" to convert the PDF to a jpg and then used "PosteRazor" (also available in tasty Windows and Linux flavors) to chop it into pieces.
--
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More deserved thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tiled file Dave!

Azzarc wrote:
dogmatix wrote:

Not all print drivers have this ability.

dogmatix wrote:

Not all printers have this ability.

No kidding. I just couldn't find the energy to open a Tier 1 trouble ticket before putting out a possible solution. Color me lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.