Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*** As I don't believe in a system where old postings are just being deleted, the following as a proof of my stupidity
Seriously though : everything worked out in the end (superbly) and Ken contacted me, was prompt to send feedback and shipped the games from Germany (Garden) and from Canada (Venice)!!! We played Venice this afternoon and WOW!!! Great game indeed... My thanks again Ken! ***

Hi there,

I don't like doing this but the following: it has come to my attention that I'm not the only one who has ordered something from Toccata Games without receiving anything. So this little warning: when you order something on their webpage, your Paypal payment will go in vain unfortunately...

My story : I've ordered their two titles in September and until last week (and this week), no news was received about their shipment or any other form of status. So, I looked online and sent them an email last week, which wasn't answered. Called them 2 days ago and received a mailbox, left a voice mail and nada... Called them again : no answer...

So until further notice, I feel like I've wasted some money here, this is NOT the way to treat your customers (who have put some faith in you).

/dimi (who is starting to become agitated and almost furious about this)

PS : This thread will be edited accordingly if the author(s) reply...

*** UPDATE *** : I received a mail (sent another mail last week) from Ken 3 days ago, the games would be sent out from Germany and from his place...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
echdareez wrote:
*** UPDATE *** : I received a mail (sent another mail last week) from Ken 3 days ago, the games would be sent out from Germany and from his place...

I had really fast shipping for Garden Competition, but Patrons of Venice was not included in the package. I sent an email inquiring about PoV shipping, but haven't got a response yet.

From the message above, it looks like I should expect another package from Germany? How long did it take you to get it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Scott, I can not speak in name of the author(s) but the following remarks :
- replies take some time : you have to send several messages and reminders (to Ken) to get an answer... I just think he's a busy guy? But it's still strange that he doesn't respond faster (as he's selling something and that puts him in a position of seller - buyer where some rules apply)
- sending from Germany : I think that my game was sent from Germany as I live in Europe -> I think I've read somewhere that people from the States (ordering both games like yourself) received all their games coming from the States.

hope it helps?
/dimi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Almost 2 weeks since I ordered and over 1 week since I received Garden Competition and emailed Toccata, still no response and no copy of The Patrons of Venice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also waiting for 2 missing cards from my set (still no news of those cards appearing over here) > sorry to hear you have that 'delay' > sincerely hope it gets resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Its been 2.5 weeks now since I ordered both Garden Competition and Patrons of Venice. I still have not received PoV. 2 emails have been sent to toccata games with no response. I will wait 1 more week for a response then initiate action with the credit card company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leopold
United States
Stowe
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

The same thing has happened to me. Let me know what you decide to do. Perhaps if we petition together we might get the game for which we paid.

Cheers,
Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, Bob, I got a geekmail from Ken Stevens within the last couple of months. Try to send a geekmail to him, in case that works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leopold
United States
Stowe
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathan,

Thanks for the heads-up. I have sent a geekmail and I am awaiting a reply.

Did you happen to get the whole thing straightened out, by chance?

Thanks again,
Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Un)Fortunately, I was not awaiting any games from him. Hopefully you hear back from him. His last login was 2009-05-07, so if he doesn't have his geekmail set up to forward outside BGG, it may be a longshot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.