Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Burns
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously the game time will differ depending on your starting decisions. What would you say is a relatively quick game (based on quick choices on start up) and how long would a longer game take(based on the more difficult start up choices)?

Quest for the Magic Carrot wasn't too long, all you needed to worry about was to get a bunny out. Now you have to work on getting them out, in a ship and into space AND keeping them alive out there! It seems much harder, although I love the basis behind it. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quickest game we've had so far was a 90 minute 3 player game using 4 carrots. Last night our 5 player game with 4 carrots lasted 2.5 hours. The game is way fun but it is way long. I imagine an 8 carrot game could last 4 hours. And there are more carrots to come!

We're thinking next game we may add 4 or 6 to every movement roll. Should speed the game up.

Dont get me wrong though, I love the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 3-player 4-carrot game last night that took over 3 hours. snore
I suspect the best scenario is an 8-carrot game with a strict 2 hour time limit and the points scoring variant for determining the winner. I'm just not sure I have the will to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burns
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the same way, it doesn't matter how good the game is I'll probably be bored after two hours, if I make it that long. There were some suggestions made at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/365840 which brough the game down to a little over an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.