Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There... I said it..

Everyone and their grandmother loves bacon, they have bacon everywhere I go. Every fast food place is shoving bacon down the public's gullet. It's like a non-stop bacon orgy out there, and I just don't get it.

Now don't get me wrong, i don't actually 'hate' bacon. It just does nothing for me. If someone is cooking bacon, I may eat a piece, or two, but that would be about it. and I certainly wouldn't be gushing over it like i was having an orgasm like some people I know. So like what's the deal?

Anyways, what "popular" culinary things do you not like, or hate, or whatever.

Other popular things I don't really care for:

Coffee - can't stand it
Potatoes - meh, I've only recently (ie last year or so) been able to stomach potatoes, and in small quantities
White Chocolate - my brother loves this stuff, only in really small quantities will I eat this stuff.
Chili - never really liked it, not much of a bean person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try it again. I love bacon, it's the best! The first time I tried bacon I thought it was dry overcooked and had no theme flavour, but I tried again and it was meaty and succulent.

Maybe you just tried it in the wrong group dish, or read the rules instructions incorrectly. Any of these reasons could definately leave a bad taste in your mouth and account for your low rating opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RE: I don't like Bacon!

My reflections upon your culinary tastes...

Bacon - What, are you nuts? Bacon is food of the gods!
Coffee - I have come to like the stuff, but I don't love it. Hot tea is still my first choice.
Potatoes - fried, baked, al grautin, hashed, home-fried - these things are great!
White Chocolate - meh, dark chocolate is the best, so I'm with you there.
Chili - REAL chili has no beans! Meat, onions, cheese, and jalapenos, but NO bean!

In short, I think you are on the path of enlightenment, but you still have a ways to go. Especially as concerns bacon - your road to salvation continues to be blocked as long as you deny the heavenly goodness of bacon. Repent, my son, before it's too late!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sacrilege! Apostate! sauron

Only vegans are exempt from the worship of the shredded swine flesh here in Chit Chat.(They can have tofu bacon. A travesty, but still an attempt to enjoy it's sugar-cured goodness.)

I smell an excommunication in the works.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It's OK if you don't like bacon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scott
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:

Now don't get me wrong, i don't actually 'hate' bacon. It just does nothing for me.
-
Coffee - can't stand it
Potatoes - meh, I've only recently (ie last year or so) been able to stomach potatoes, and in small quantities
White Chocolate - my brother loves this stuff, only in really small quantities will I eat this stuff.
Chili - never really liked it, not much of a bean person.

1) What planet are you from?
2) What is your purpose here on Earth?
3) Are there more of you among us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
I still hate tomatoes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to admit to being a Communist, you should probably do it in RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
GTFO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are mysteriously silent on your inclinations toward ham.

And fava beans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bacon - delicious
Coffee - delicious
Potatoes - delicious
White Chocolate - delicious
Chili - delicious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Don;t like bacon eh? Will see how you feel after we bring out.....THE COMFY CHAIR!

YEAH! Put em in it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Gatekeeper3000 wrote:
...non-stop bacon orgy...

Hmmmmm...what? Sorry, I didn't catch what you said after that -- I was a little distracted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Don;t like bacon eh? Will see how you feel after we bring out.....THE COMFY CHAIR!

YEAH! Put em in it!

THE COMFY CHAIR!?!?!?!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Look I don't know what your deal is... You've come in here and insinuated that a WWE skit was "fake," now declared your hatred of bacon. Before long you will be promoted to site admin, so I say to thee beware. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...

I think for lunch today I'll have...

The bacon-potato chili,

and a white chocolate mocha.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I cannot begin to comprehend your dislike of bacon, and it's mouth watering, salty yet sweet, slightly crunchy goodness. I can sympathize with the persecution you may now be feeling.

I too have been ridiculed for my food dislikes particularly my dislike of pizza, coffee, beer, bologna, and jello.

On the other hand sir - you are aware of the love of bacon on this site and a post like this would certainly draw the ire of many a regular poster so I think that you are either a self proclaimed martyr or you like to start fires.

Of course anyone who does not like bacon would have to be a deviant in some way so I think I will go with the fire starter.

What would the rest of you choose?
Poll: What kind of deviant would dislike bacon?
What do you think?
Self Proclaimed Martyr
Fire Starter
Some other kind of deviant
Missing taste buds entirely
      16 answers
Poll created by walk_softly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
goo Look I don't know what your deal is... You've come in here and insinuated that a WWE skit was "fake," now declared your hatred of bacon. Before long you will be promoted to site admin, so I say to thee beware. sauron

LMAO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.. I wasn't trying to start a flame war, or get people's panties in an uproar..

I just saw a couple posts about bacon, and I just don't get it. Seriously. I don't. I'm not trying to push people's buttons. Like i said, i don't "hate" bacon.. but to me, Bacon is like. I dunno... maybe cellery, or lettuce.. I don't hate cellery, I'll eat cellery, but I can't remember any time in my life where i said "OMG, I SOOOOOOOOO want some cellery right now. That would be freaking AWESOME!"

I've been buying my own groceries for the past 8 years or so now, and I don't think I've ever, in that time, gone and bought a package of bacon.

Maybe it's to do with my parents, we never had a lot of bacon in the house, the odd time we would. But it wasn't very often.

I was also asking what other "regular" things that you don't like that just about everyone else does. it appears that this protion of my post was ignored by simple fact that I don't like bacon. (except for a few, like the fellow who also dislikes coffee, and doesn't like Jello, or the other poster who doesn't like tomatoes)

See, that's weird. Tomatoes are awesome... I love tomatoes. A nice tomato sandwich with lettuce, salt and pepper, mmmm mmmm.

I worked with a guy who didn't like Ice Tea. Go figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, I actually hate bacon yuk, hate the smell of it even. There I said it. But it is still a great word!

I also hate:

Chicken - the odor of chicken makes me ill gulp
Fried green tomatoes
Cranberry anything
Pickles

I don't like:
Turkey (I will and do eat ground turkey and turkey sausage - but I have to ut Basil on to make it palatable.
Ham
Pork chops
Sweet Potatoes
White chocolate
Chocolate cake (but I love brownies)
Carrots
Pepperoni
Tomatoes (But love tomato sauces)
Chocolate Milk, well milk in general.

I'm definitely known as a picky eater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mileser wrote:

Yea, I'd say.. Lol

Almost as bad as a guy at work who "hates fruit"

I mean, how can you hate all fruit. I just don't get how this guy hasn't developed scurvy. Well, he does like veggies, so I'm sure he gets his vitamin C from that stuff.

We had a birthday at the office, and the cake that was brought in had strawberry halves ontop, he picked his off and offered it to someone else.

A strawberry?

That is weird to me. I can understand some people not liking particular veggies, but most people I know like standard fruit like "Oranges, Apples, various berries, grapes"

I haven't seen this guy eat any of that stuff, ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. This is not a big stretch here, but I only hate one food item. I hate boiled spinach. Hate! Hate! Hate! I can't stand the look, the smell, the texture, and most of all the taste of boiled spinach! Strangely enough though, spinach is one of my favorite veggies if it is fresh. I love it in salads, on sandwiches, in a stir fry or baked into pasta. One of my favorite breakfasts is a spinach-mushroom omelet. But boiled? Ugh! Just turns me off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy most foods when they're done right.

That said, I can't stand maraschino cherries. They're cloying, highlight that horrific faux almond flavor, and are the hallmark of bad cocktails everywhere.

Other than that, I don't much care for orange juice. It's not horrible, but I don't understand what the appeal is.

mileser wrote:

Wow, that's a lot! Out of curiosity, what do you like to eat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinando Woicickoski
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripe
Kidneys
White chocolate
Ketchup - of all disgunting things in the world , this is the one that make me sick, I cann't even watch people eating it gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.