Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Vogt

Berlin
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game I've always wanted to play but could not convince my group to give it a try - I guess mainly because of the long rulebook and the looks of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to keep the Ares issue but lose the game at some point along several moves, so bring it on. And good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Antonio, I'm all for it. I don't have a copy (I want one) but when I get a copy I'll help. One thing is to find someone with a copy that came in the box (there are two types).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

What is the difference between the two versions ? I have the magazine version.

[]'s Carlos...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
calm wrote:
Hi,

What is the difference between the two versions ? I have the magazine version.

[]'s Carlos...

Great Question.... I do not know, I just ran across a mention of it, but I have never seen it, or heard mention of it outside one reference and I have looked everywhere the web would take me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
Interesting, but I don't think there were anything "missing" or different between them, maybe some additional rules or errata (I know there are optional rules in an Ares subsequent issue), the game was/is so great that I think it could go directly from magazine to box without much, if any, modifications.

I know that by todays standards the rulebook can be called "big" and its graphics (counters and map) are "crude" but with little effort it can be brought to date in those areas, and thats exactly what Antonio is trying to do.

[]'s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Sielimowicz
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm I wonder what's the progress. In the meantime - I'm producing my own 'republish' of Star Trader in Polish version. I have the honor to attend some frequent meetings with a strong team of players that are keen on checking this game out. So the principles for me are:

1. Work with the board to simplify it and disallow breaking game by moving some tokens accidentaly
2. Each player will receive own boards, where he will play with his resources and fleet.
3. Eliminate hand writing for different activities (that's the challenge) - will speed up the game I suppose
4. Get rid of paper tokens
5. Reference cards for each player convenience.
6. Build the game in the way, that it avoids '

And at above - nothing should be changed to the rules... but should allow quite freely - to change the rules as required.

By the way - I'm happy to create English version if there is anyone wishing to receive one (after the first one is produced and tested of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
Piotr,

I think that after shamou did the new countersheets nothing else was done.

I was responsible for the portuguese translation and hadn't started to do it, yet.

And yes, I would be interested in your english version of the rules, map and play aids. Your ideas seem very interesting to me.

Best regards,

Carlos...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Sielimowicz
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlos,

I'd say - have a look at my blog, where I try to 'sign off' all the activities in developing the game.
http://inventaboardgame.blogspot.com/

I think I will finish the 'test' version this week. The tuning will need to continue, but the main idea will already be tested - get rid of hand writing and allow more interaction on a token basis.

Regards,
Piotr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.