England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have been reading Fark again.

Ye ghods and little fishes. The great british pound has now fallen FALLEN I say! to just 1.1257 to the Euro. or the other way round. Either way, it is as good as parity, and I wouldn't be surprised if we do hit parity or worse.

Can we afford games any more? We've lost the benefit of buying abroad. The UK prices are going up and up. Is this the end? The end of buying a game when you liked at a decent value price. Are we all reduced to buying three games a year and they'd better be good ones?

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Treat games like a commodity. Sell now to the European and US markets with prices in Euro/Dollars. You'll make a fortune.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boo-yaah!

We crushed the dollar, and you Brits are next!

WHATCHA GONNA DO, when the largest reserves in the world, and Euromania, run wild on YOU??

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Coppola
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Guess, again -

I accept your comment as one made tongue-in-cheek, but make no mistake - your Euro crushed nothing ....

Yours truly (in dollars),

Vincent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Knight wrote:
Boo-yaah!

WHATCHA GONNA DO, when the largest reserves in the world, and Euromania, run wild on YOU??

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:

Are we all reduced to buying three games a year and they'd better be good ones?

Cheers,
Jon.

Jon, With your collection you could never buy a game again and still be entertained for about eight life times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Heaton
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Come back Bale...
badge
In 'Arry we trust!
mbmbmbmb
Its OK, Soon it'll be cheaper to produce games in the UK than China, so all the big companies will send their plastic figs to get made in Blighty. Think of all the shipping costs you'll save!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Knight wrote:
Boo-yaah!

laugh

Thanks for proving (with your cheesy and great 80s reference) that no matter how horrible the American economy becomes, we continue to export mind-numbing American culture!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Judythecat wrote:
Guess, again -

I accept your comment as one made tongue-in-cheek, but make no mistake - your Euro crushed nothing ....

Yours truly (in dollars),

Vincent

At least it seems it crashed some people's sense of humour ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Cabrera
Mexico
Mexico
D.F.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
The great british pound has now fallen FALLEN I say! to just 1.1257 to the Euro. or the other way round.

I appears is the Pound that has fallen, I keep an eye constanlty on www.xe.com, living in a country where the Dollar and Euro exchange price is always important.

And apparently the Euro is really stable fluctuating between 16-17 pesos for each Euro and a few months ago the Pound was 22-23 pesos each, but now it's 19-20 pesos, that's a lot in a few weeks/months

(a peso is roughly 0.07 american dollars by the way)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.