Subject: Question about Scenario Books and Rules Versions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
I have gotten the impression that the rules and scenario book that came with Third Reich should not be used and I should be using the Third Edition The Second World War rules that came with my new copy of Great War in the Pacific.

I read somewhere that scenario book that came with the Third Reich rules is wrong, but the The World War Scenario book only have scenarios for both games. What should I be using if I just want to play Third Reich (Europe)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Adams
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new, separate scenario book for Third Reich alone that was realeased at the same time as the third edition rules. It does have a couple of changes that I recall, notably some starting diplomatic levels. I recommend that, but you could still play a game using the old scenario book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Choi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe the website has a living rules book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From memory...

The first edition rules are playable, but there are a few places where they are not clear - I do not recall where/what these are.

Second edition was mostly about answering questions and making things clearer. Some parts of the diplomatic rules were changed a bit.

The third edition rules are a little cleaner (fewer question) and combat has been made more consistent in terms of affects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Portugal
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ve downloaded the new rules to renew my old John Prados' Third Reich, but I´ve read that I need the 3rd edition scenario book and charts. Does anyone know where I can get them?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.