Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb Sundsted
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found in the Endor pack rule book, me and my friend play with it, and when we create maps constantly think about what you could blow up and such. I was just wondering how many of you use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm.. i guess i didn't read that book thoroughly enough. Care to explain what you mean by destructable environments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Donnell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the dark on this one too. Can you elaborate? Guess its time to go and pick up an Endor pack or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Are you talking about the Battle of Endor scenario pack with an AT-ST and a few stormies?

I read the booklet from that set many time, and I remember nothing about destructible terrain...

Although I do use something similar.. I just found, making 500 tiles of the same róom with different things blown up, it was easier to make the room, then make one destructed version of every element, and put those on top of the intact parts when blown up..

Remember.. Everything can be destroyed.. Unless it's indestructable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
One House Rule we use is allowing Satchell Charge to destroy Windows.

We also allow characters adjacent to a Window to shoot through it, and characters in adjacent to a Window can be targeted. Only real problem is it makes Mobile Attack characters very annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scandragon wrote:
Are you talking about the Battle of Endor scenario pack with an AT-ST and a few stormies?

I read the booklet from that set many time, and I remember nothing about destructible terrain...

From the Endor Scenario Book:

"Damaging Objects

In certain missions, characters may damage terrain features to eliminate cover, create new doorways, or simply make room for larger characters to pass through. [...] For every 30 points of damage an object takes, its level of cover reduces by one step:

Wall > Low Object
Low Object > Object Destroyed
Door > Object Destroyed
Ground > Object becomes crater"

I intended to use a similar system when I played with the YV faction, thinking that there was no way I was going to win by defeating the other side alone, so tried to introduce a win system based on scoring victory points instead. So for every low object such as a computer terminal or similar technology-based thing the YV destroyed, they got 30 VPs. As long as there was a surviving YV that had had an encounter with a Jedi and made it back to where he started, the VP system would kick in. If the NR destroyed all of the YVs however, then obviously they won.

Needless to say, the VP system wasn't needed, what with Grand Master Luke Skywalker running things for the NR...*sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.