Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Magdar vs. 500 Domo-kuns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Last night my wife and I pondered a battle between Magdar and 500 Domo-kuns. She said the Domos would win hands-down. 500 is simply too much for one lava demon to handle, especially on boulder-free neutral ground.

I, however, believe Magdar would win, using the following image as evidence:



As you can see, it clearly takes two Domos to fell a single kitten. Therefore, in order for the Domos to be successful, Magdar could not be any more powerful than 250 kittens. Frankly, I don't see that happening.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:


Last night my wife and I pondered a battle between Magdar and 500 Domo-kuns. She said the Domos would win hands-down. 500 is simply too much for one lava demon to handle, especially on boulder-free neutral ground.

I, however, believe Magdar would win, using the following image as evidence:



As you can see, it clearly takes two Domos to fell a single kitten. Therefore, in order for the Domos to be successful, Magdar could not be any more powerful than 250 kittens. Frankly, I don't see that happening.



Dude, like I said, you don't have proof that it took 2 Domos to fell that kitten. I say one of them was just cheering the other on.

500 of anything is going to be too much to fight off. I don't care what River Tam managed to do in Serenity.


Love,
Erik-san
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mb
Oh My GOD.....they tore off Magdar's arms!!!! THE HUMANITY LAVA-DEMONANITY!!!!

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magdar Lava Demon

Lava City
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You kidding Magdar, right? Tiny little domo-kun? Look like brownie with arms! Magdar could eat all domo-kun, wouldn't have to fight. One boulder take out all easily anyway. Magdar can't believe this even topic of discussion.
30 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What you don't realize is that the domo-kuns aren't attacking the kitten at all. Instead, the three are a team, and the kitten is leading the charge!!!

So how many kitten+domo-kun teams can you handle at once, Magdar? Yes, the domo-kun are brownies with arms, but kittens have teeth and claws!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magdar wrote:
You kidding Magdar, right? Tiny little domo-kun? Look like brownie with arms! Magdar could eat all domo-kun, wouldn't have to fight. One boulder take out all easily anyway. Magdar can't believe this even topic of discussion.


You know who else is small and defeats magdar?





22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magdar Lava Demon

Lava City
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Magdar wrote:
You kidding Magdar, right? Tiny little domo-kun? Look like brownie with arms! Magdar could eat all domo-kun, wouldn't have to fight. One boulder take out all easily anyway. Magdar can't believe this even topic of discussion.


You know who else is small and defeats magdar?

[Picture of sneaky dwarves]


Magdar can't believe the slanderous comments being made here. Magdar never defeated by stinky dwarves. Magdar crush all dwarves with heavy boulders. You just trying to get Magdar riled up.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with Magdar, if just from my study of the best demon combat reference: Berskerk by Kentaro Miura. Magdar seems to be a lot like a recurring character in Bersker: The combat demon Nosferatu Zodd, who can kill scores of humans with ease. Guts, The only human that can even compare with Zodd, and still loses to him, kills hundreds of small demons in one sitting on multiple occasions, and would easily crush the poor domo-kuns. Therefore Magdar = Zodd > Guts >500 imps = 400 domo-kuns.

Now, if the Domo kuns were packing phasers, things would be completely different. We'd have to get Picard into the equation somehow.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magdar Lava Demon

Lava City
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And Magdar will make sneaky dwarves pay for what done.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mb
Must we all kneel before Nosferatu Zodd?

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Must we all kneel before Nosferatu Zodd?



He's just into killing, so I doubt it'd do us much good. It's like asking Cthulhu for mercy.

Magdar, would you protect us from Nosferatu Zodd? We are not dwarves trying to take your treasure, we promise!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:


You know who else is small and defeats magdar?



Clearly a straw dwarf argument.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's time for baseball, people! Pitchers and catchers report soon and the national pastime is with us again!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:


Last night my wife and I pondered a battle between Magdar and 500 Domo-kuns. She said the Domos would win hands-down. 500 is simply too much for one lava demon to handle, especially on boulder-free neutral ground.

I don't know. See how those Domos are kind of arranged in a triangular formation? If I were Magdar (as if I could be that lucky), I think I'd take a boulder (or a large log, same thing) and roll it like a bowling ball! Domo-kun strike! There are no pin setters in the great outdoors, so Magdar wins yet again!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magdar Lava Demon

Lava City
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:

I don't know. See how those Domos are kind of arranged in a triangular formation? If I were Magdar (as if I could be that lucky), I think I'd take a boulder (or a large log, same thing) and roll it like a bowling ball! Domo-kun strike! There are no pin setters in the great outdoors, so Magdar wins yet again!


Now, that thinking like Magdar. Magdar impressed, might make you honorary lava demon.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magdar is all talk and no lava.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.