Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Kwiatkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first ever rules question on BGG. Normally I'm a rules lawyer, in the positive sense (i.e. I read rulebooks in and out and just know them well), but this time I feel defeated.

About Caprice: on the FFG website, in this article it says Caprice's second plot is always Descent into Madness. I know it says in the rulebook on pp. 10/11 it's not in the initial, start-of-the-game shuffle, but where does it say her second week plot is always Descent into Madness?

About Raymond: on p. 29 it says
Quote:
(exception: each of Raymond's plots takes two weeks to resolve).
I can't find anything more about that. Does that mean he just gets one plot for the entire game?

Thanks in advance for the replies. I will gladly edit my post to include your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waffel wrote:
This is my first ever rules question on BGG. Normally I'm a rules lawyer, in the positive sense (i.e. I read rulebooks in and out and just know them well), but this time I feel defeated.

About Caprice: on the FFG website, in this article it says Caprice's second plot is always Descent into Madness. I know it says in the rulebook on pp. 10/11 it's not in the initial, start-of-the-game shuffle, but where does it say her second week plot is always Descent into Madness?

Caprice's character sheet explains this rule.

Quote:

Quote:
I can't find anything more about that. Does that mean he just gets one plot for the entire game?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waffel wrote:

Quote:

Thanks in advance for the replies. I will gladly edit my post to include your answers.

No problem, dude.

*looking at the cards themselves*

Raymond's Plot cards take 6 days to resolve. Therefore, during the 3rd day of each week, Raymond just kicks back with his bottle and a cancer stick.

Normally, you will go through 3 cards in a plot: the start card, the crossroads (revealed on day 3), and the ending (revealed on day 6 and remains in play). For Raymond, you resolve the start card and go to the crossroads on day 6, and then resolve the crossroads / reveal the ending after day 12. His endings are also considerably more diverse and drastic in terms of VP than the others, because he only gets 1 per game.

Caprice has three plots: "Property of Jinteki" (her attempts to obtain full human rights), "Someone To Love" (convincing Daniel to love her despite her obvious stigmas), and "Descent Into Madness".

Neverminding that the "Descent Into Madness" plot states on the card "You always play this Plot for Week 2", it has story significance as Caprice's still-developing psychic abilities threaten to unbalance her fragile psyche. It ends in one of 4 ways:

* She learns to control her gift and become a well-adjusted being. (+7)
* She's still needing regular therapy, but lands the NAPD job. (+4)
* The NAPD is still undecided on her, but Commisioner Dawn is hopeful. (+1)
* She receives the Medal of Honor from the commish...in her mind. Meanwhile, orderlies attend to her in her padded cell. (-5)

...and yes, she can kill you with her brain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Kwiatkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. It turns out I should read the cards as well as the rulebook. I'm leaving the OP as it is since the answers are right here, no more explanation needed. I am so hyped about actually playing this game (as I think I've got one of the first copies in Poland! :D).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
Raymond's Plot cards take 6 days to resolve. Therefore, during the 3rd day of each week, Raymond just kicks back with his bottle and a cancer stick.

Normally, you will go through 3 cards in a plot: the start card, the crossroads (revealed on day 3), and the ending (revealed on day 6 and remains in play). For Raymond, you resolve the start card and go to the crossroads on day 6, and then resolve the crossroads / reveal the ending after day 12. His endings are also considerably more diverse and drastic in terms of VP than the others, because he only gets 1 per game.

Ah, that's mildly disappointing. I was hoping that Ray's plots would have three crossroads each (on days 3, 6 and 9) and a correspondingly large number of directions they could go in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question on Raymond's Plots concerns the plot ending for Kate. I don't have the card in front of me, but it states something like "You cannot collect anymore Kate favors". Ummm...the game is over if you have reached this plot conclusion, right? How would you have collected anymore Kate favors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there's a lot of weirdness with Raymond's endings.

For example, why bother with flipping Keene to his "peaceful" side at the end of the game or switching Kate to "eliminated"? Is it just a flavor thing?

I don't see any reason for specifying that you cannot collect any more Kate favors, except possibly for flavor's sake as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.