Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'll start with my aborted attempt to run the avatar contest I wanted to last week. I can't figure out how to make the frickin' poll thingie work!!! I spent an hour making a poll but then Aldie's devil child of a feature kept saying I had to have one question. For God's Sake! I had 20 avatar entry questions and couldn't make it work. Then, Aldie shut the whole site down for maintenance, whatever that means, and I lost everything anyway.

Here's what I wanted... to have a poll where each avatar had two little round clicky spots and you could click yes or no to vote. Then all I'd do is add up which got the most yes votes and give that person the GG and crappy game.

Simple no? No. I think I'm either stupid or the feature is not user friendly. Help?

WORK

I had this job at a local Dodge dealership. It was cool because the main owner was baseball great Bill Buckner. For some strange reason he retired to Idaho and became a real estate magnate or something. Anyway, he had this partner who actually ran the thing on a day-to-day basis and Bill just popped in every so often. He's not a car & truck guy I guess. So this partner was stealing him blind. Not to mention, the partner had his daughter and son working there and apparently they were part of the embezzling... that's unclear at this point though. I will say they were as useless as tits on a boar.

Back in August the guy who was stealing parked his Jeep in his garage, popped the cap on a beer and let the Jeep run till he was dead. That kinda sorta telegraphed to some of us more observant souls that the business might be a bit shaky. Well, it was. Last week the bank came and got all the cars. All the parts. All the papers. All the equipment. All of it. In a matter of 48 hours a dealership with $5 million bucks in inventory was reduced to an empty building and three barren parking lots.

Wow.

I had, in fact, already "lost" my job because Bill had made the mistake of hiring this psycho consultant and self-proclaimed genius to help out. The guy was a total dickwad and all he could talk about was how he owned 5 successful dealerships in Alaska. Which prompted me to ask him what the hell he was doing at a struggling dealership in Idaho then? He basically railroaded me outta there just prior to Buckner dumping his sorry ass on a deserted road somewhere. I wasn't inclined to go back after I heard Buckner got rid of the creep because it didn't feel healthy.

Thank the Stars

I still have untold amounts of gaming crap and other assorted stuff to sell on eBay. Until something more appropriate comes along I'll struggle by. My daughter keeps telling me I could make a fortune if I'd just finish my two self-help books. One is on the advantages and pitfalls of marriage and the other is on how to raise kids that don't come back to live at your house when they're 30. Since I happen to be an expert on marriage and have two kids that are either 30, or nearly so, and both live in their own homes, I think I'm eminently qualified to parcel out sage advice on both counts.

Romance

Fairly bleak. Living in a tumble-down shack and not having a real job means my choices are limited at the moment. That's actually a good thing financially because I have no self-restraint whatsoever when money and the lure of tawdry sex are put together in the same place at the same time.

I did get hit on at the post office yesterday though. Not a bad looking old hide either. Blonde, perky buttocks, petite, just the way I like 'em. But I had just come from the dentist and so I when I said, "Hey baby, wanna go get a cocktail?", it might possibly have sounded like, "Hey barfy, gobba gmso genga coshtuk?"

Well, it's a small town, I'll probably see her again sometime.

That's the update. If nobody helps me with the poll then you guys can go fuck yourselves and I'll keep the GG and the game. Oh alright... if I can't get the poll to work I'll work out a thumbs up voting scenario.

Thank you for your time. You may now resume the idiotic babbling that passes for communication in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Can I 'work' on improving, enhancing, embellishing and generally being 'moi' instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekmail sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
"Hey barfy, gobba gmso genga coshtuk?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got charisma, DW, I'm sure you'll be hired / laid in no time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There is this also: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/358701 surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're the one who had the hot 21-year-old chick proposition you because she thought you'd be a pretty good lay for an old guy. So don't give me any of this sob story shit. If you're not sprawled drunk in a ditch and about to be eaten by coyotes, I ain't having any of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks DW, that was the best laugh I had all day, even if it was at your expense. Hey, next time you see Buckner, just tell him "nice catch"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, it is so hard to hear of so many of my friends having trouble with jobs. It sucks man. I guess just hang on. Something will work out. In the meantime hopefully our idiotic babbling will keep you amused.

Chin up man and err, don't hit any ground balls to first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill Buckner? I thought he had a chain of laundromats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one thing to be without a job and another thing to be without intimate companionship. And when one is without both that's... well... that's two things one is without, isn't it? I've been without those same two things for awhile myself but after tomorrow I may only be without one thing. And frankly, I'd rather get laid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
My daughter keeps telling me I could make a fortune if I'd just finish my two self-help books. One is on the advantages and pitfalls of marriage and the other is on how to raise kids that don't come back to live at your house when they're 30.

I'm not your kid and I'm not 30, so is it okay if I crash on your couch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Larkin
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
My daughter keeps telling me I could make a fortune if I'd just finish my two self-help books. One is on the advantages and pitfalls of marriage and the other is on how to raise kids that don't come back to live at your house when they're 30.

I'm not your kid and I'm not 30, so is it okay if I crash on your couch?

Sounds like the 2nd-best offer he's had all day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly there is a lesson to be learned: never work for someone who was a Cub.

Hope things get better for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sorry to hear about the bad run for you, DW....here's hoping you land on your feet soon.

It's really getting to me reading stories like this....it seems like someone I know is being laid off every few days....

Robin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb

F**k the poll and just steal pick the best avatar yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Holden
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I'd buy the books. A bit of genuine Tripp's always worth the read. Would steer well clear of following any of the advice, mind, but you don't need that to make a buck or two, right?

Hope things look up and you make an Ebay fortune. There are doubtless plenty of suckers out there still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
DWTripp wrote:
baseball great Bill Buckner. For some strange reason he retired to Idaho

He got run out of town!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that tits on a boar aren't that worthless. There's at least some novelty value there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope things start turning your way soon. Just don't let anyone kick your balls and you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Gosh... I'm all choked up... such warmth, such compassion... so much hate for a guy who had a lifetime batting average of .289!!! Man, I'm sooo glad I'm not a baseball fan. Who needs that much self-induced rancor in their life? (My daughter and son-in-law love the Cubbies and I have pictures to prove it!)

It is nice to know you guys are wishing me well... especially in the getting laid department. Money? Pshaw! They print that stuff like 24/7, right? Sex though, you gotta work for that.

Ya know, eBay is hard work and doesn't leave much time, but since I know I can count on ya'll to buy my books I suppose I'll dedicate part of each day to finishing them. Apparently Louise is already down for one of each. The other parts of my day will be parceled out to my boy, my dog, hunting down that feisty blond from the post office and researching on the Internet the various uses for tits on a boar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
I'm pretty sure that tits on a boar aren't that worthless. There's at least some novelty value there.

And it may help with problem #2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
DWTripp wrote:
Gosh... I'm all choked up... such warmth, such compassion... so much hate for a guy who had a lifetime batting average of .289!!!

Exactly - we absolutely *love* this guy around here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.