Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've seen several references to there being 12 "days" in the game, and yet there is a picture of the "Time Card" posted here on BGG by Phil Reed that has spaces 0 - 13, which would seem to be 14 turns.

What's the deal? Is space 0 just for set up, and space 13 for scoring, or something like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Days= number of turns for a full game (12)
Time= number of actions players may take in a day (normally 6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Right, there are 12 days. This is tracked on the main game board. A day consists of all the player turns and the end of day events that occur (as shown graphically on the board).

The time sheet is used for tracking time spent by each investigator during the day. They start with 6 time units (let's call them "hours" for simplicity's sake). This can supposedly be increased or decreased based on the cards in play at the time. (Not sure since I don't have the game yet, but the assumption is plot cards, event cards, and shift cards are what adjusts this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's the forehead-smack smiley when I need it? If i'd actually paid attention to that picture I would have realized this.

So does that sheet mean it's theoretically possible to get up to 13 units of time in a single day? That sounds like a LOT. Thought it could also be because of the size of counters and having two rows of numbers and all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
fnord3125 wrote:
So does that sheet mean it's theoretically possible to get up to 13 units of time in a single day? That sounds like a LOT. Thought it could also be because of the size of counters and having two rows of numbers and all that.

Yes, I think it is possible to get up to 13 "hours" though not having the game, I am not sure what combo of events/actions/cards would get you to that number.

But knowing Kevin's design on Arkham Horror, you may get a ton of stuff and lots of tracks to follow, but it is possible to use all of it. So if it says 13, then someway somehow, you can get 13.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Strangeway
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
One of the characters - Floyd - starts the game with 7 time instead of 6, and he has a card that allows him for 1 turn to get 6 extra time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoilers, if anyone doesn't want to see other character abilities...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Caprice can also get up to 7 time through her Sanity mechanic, although I don't know if you can raise or lower her sanity without the Descent into Madness plot in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarification of previous spoiler:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Some of her Twilight Cards affect her sanity, but the big one is the resolution of her first plot (not Descent into Madness), which sets her baseline for the second week when Descent into Madness automatically comes into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.