Jonathan "Gorno" Fashena
United States
Westchester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured this out as I was writing the question, so here it is for all to enjoy This is useful if you want to direct people to information in a particular reply rather than the thread in general (If you're subscribed to the thread, you will get notifications with links to unread posts, but even that will miss posts in the interval before you view the thread again. Posting numbers aren't associated with particular threads, so you can't just increment them from the top.)

One answer is to click Quote or Reply for that post, which will bring up a page whose address ends in the reply's article number. Select and Copy that number then page back to the thread and delete the numbers in its address (they are separated by a # sign), pasting this number followed by a # sign and the number again, thus, .../2903297#2903297. That will give you the reply's address, which you can cut and paste as a link.

Gorno
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also get a link to a reply by clicking the link at the bottom of the post where it says, e.g. "Posted Today 02:36 am."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrChek wrote:
You can also get a link to a reply by clicking the link at the bottom of the post where it says, e.g. "Posted Today 02:36 am."
Ahhh. This will save me from doing it the LONG way anymore. I would check a user's profile and page through a CONTRIBUTIONS list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a similar vein, the link to a specific item in a geeklist can quickly be found by hovering or clicking the specific number, the big "10" or "18" etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
In a similar vein, the link to a specific item in a geeklist can quickly be found by hovering or clicking the specific number, the big "10" or "18" etc.
Yes, and that is about the ONLY 'way' that you can reference such in this manner, unless someone else replied and then you can use theirs to access it further with the "dated" response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.