Subject: About painting the figures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanos Kout
Greece
Athens, Ilioupoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What kind of paint do you use? I mean like acrylic paint, oil paint ,plastic paint and such....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acrylic. Prime them first, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, acrylic. If you paint them with enamel and spay them with a sealer, the enamel will run. I learned that the hard way a long time ago!!!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GW has a good (and expensive) set of paints that work well. They also have a good spray primer that would do the job. YOU HAVE TO prime you models or the paint won't stick. When you are done, you will probably want to use a mat spray varnish (very lightly though) to give them some durability.

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=28

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Yep, acrylic. If you paint them with enamel and spay them with a sealer, the enamel will run. I learned that the hard way a long time ago!!!
-Ski

OTOH enamel really doesn't need a sealer in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Simcoe (Norfolk)
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThanosGR2 wrote:
What kind of paint do you use? I mean like acrylic paint, oil paint ,plastic paint and such....

Black gesso as my primer, cheap dollar-store acrylic paints, acrylic floor varnish for dipping (I actually brushed it on), spray on matte finish from Testors. Voila!

Worked like a charm, was rather inexpensive, looks great, and has held up nicely for nearly two years with lots of handling.

The only thing I might change would be to get a better red paint with a much higher pigment content. The dollar store stuff takes too many coats to really look vibrant enough to pass as real, honest to goodness red!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.