Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, we played for the first time last night and had a gnometacular time. My question is regarding this:

Once you've started doing actions you can do as many as you want in the room you're in, but you can't let's say unblock a hatch, then enter the room, then put out the fire.

In this case legally all you could do would be move to the room with the locked hatch and then unblock it (if you can). Then your turn is over?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you've got it. You can open hatches, reflowing water, and moving around as much as you want, then do *one* action.

Unblock hatch is an action. So if that's what you want to do, you can move around as much as needed to reach that hatch, then unblock it, then your turn is over.

Now it's unblocked, someone else can move through it on their turn, and attempt to fight a fire, or do something else. The whole "teamwork" thing.

Websteria wrote:
Once you've started doing actions you can do as many as you want in the room you're in...

That particular part is not true. One action per turn. Always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've begun to abstract my thinking about a turn.

Phase 1 allows you to move from room to room, and open hatches along the way.

Phase 2 allows you to choose one action to perform (from a list of choices).

I find my thinking really gets twisted when the word movement involves what I also think of as action, and avoiding the use of those words for the parts of a turn helps me to get around that.

There are a few more phases to a turn... but it's these first two that were baffling me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.