Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael M.
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A very awesome friend secured a copy of Kheops for me recently when he traveled to France. I finally got the game on the table, and it's a ton of fun. But I have a few fundamenttal questions that are not addressed in the rulebook.

First and foremost is the question of tile placement. As part of the initial setup, 19 tiles are placed randomly to form the base of the pyramid. Using the diagram in the rulebook as a guide, the placement of these tiles was completely random. This means that the tiles didn't "work" logically, i.e. a corridor led into a bare well, a corridor ended sudddenly.

After this initial setup, we played that every tile placed as part of our turn needed to "work" logically with surrouding tile. Think of Carcassonne - cities connect to cities, roads connect to road. This is how we played Kheops - corridors connected to other corridors, chambers, or outside the pyramid. We played that everything had to fit together perfectly.

However, this provoked two questions. First, at the end of the game, it was simply impossible to make the final few pieces "work" with the pieces that were already on the table. In this instance, do we simply stop placing tiles? The rules seem to imply that every tile should be placed by the end of the game.

Second, when we used the "Pivot Corridor" and "Pivot Room" actions, we were not sure if we had to follow Carcassonne rules (ie everything "fits" perfectly), or if we were allowed to rotate a tile into a configuation that did not "fit" perfectly with surrounding tiles.

Bruno, can you shed some light on this for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
No, it's absolutely not necessary that corridosr connect one with another. All the game is about connecting and disconnecting to merge or separate networks. A corridor can lead intio a wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Blais
Canada
St-Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question,

when a player places a worker onto a tile, where there is a power. Some effects are immediate -- rotate a corridor or room tile, move a worker to a new tile, trade places with an another workers.

Is it mandatory to do the action or it's optional ?

Thanks,

Danny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.