Popular Tags: [View All]
Fa
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
Forza Vecchio Cuore Granata!
mbmbmbmbmb
With my gaming (family) group we are planning to play a 2009M44 Championship, playing Overlord 3vs3. We are choosing around 10/12 scenarios and I'd like to choose most of them "overlord".

I own 1 copy of the base game and the full set of all the other expansions.

Is it enough to play "overlord mode" or should I need a mapboard, at least?

My FLGS has an old copy of M44 and could sell me spare parts; in this case what should I buy? Only the terrain?

Thank for your help and, please, forgive my english!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There are only 7 official Overlord scenrios. You'll need a second board and most of the pieces unless you want to mix and match boards, terrain and armies.

The best option is to buy two of everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pariseau
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need a second map, and the new Operation Overlord small box expansion. That should set you up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fa
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 of everything?

Isn't enough 1 of everything (Op. Overlord included) & 1 additional terrain from a used base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pariseau
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supertopix wrote:
2 of everything?

Isn't enough 1 of everything (Op. Overlord included) & 1 additional terrain from a used base game?

I didn't realize that you had the Op. Overlord set (I don't have it yet myself). Sounds like you just need a 2nd map. With all the expansions, you should have a good mix of terrain tiles, though they won't all look the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get a second board and the terrain, you should be set! You can use the Japanese for the Germans, and the Russians for the Allies. It won't look pretty but it'll work just fine. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been wanting to try Overlord for a while too, and to get started, I made the extra components needed myself. My first scenario was to be the Omaha Beach one, from the basic game rulebook. For this, I made a second board, and some extra terrain pieces, using a colour photo copier. I made some barbed wire and hedgehogs too, and added in the extra soldiers with some 1/72 stuff I had lying around, putting these on square bases the same size as the official figures.
Worked GREAT! But after a few games of this, and playing the Hedgerow Hell scenarios, I´ve been thinking about buyin a second set...

Here are a couple of pictures:

Overlord with homemade extra board.

Barbed wire and hedgehogs, official and homemade versions.

Hill hexes, official and homemade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fa
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
If you can get a second board and the terrain, you should be set! You can use the Japanese for the Germans, and the Russians for the Allies. It won't look pretty but it'll work just fine. Have fun!

We are ready to start: my FLGS sold me a demo copy (in very goo condition, except dice) for 15€...So, here we go!
Thanks for your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.