Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Strangeway
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hello again!

This card states:

"Play during your turn. Show two cards of your choice from your hand to the player on your right, then choose any player except yourself. Draw the top five cards...."

Does that mean if you don't have two cards in your hand you cannot legally play this card?

Thanks!

Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
my instinct would be that if you had one card you'd show it. if you had zero... you... don't have any to show. i don't recall seeing anything in the rules that would suggest it can't be played, but i may be entirely incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
Without looking at the rules, I'd argue the opposite. Showing the cards to an opponent is a price you have to pay for the privilege of using the ability on the card. If you don't have any cards, you can't pay that cost. Especially as this is one of the strongest cards in Caprice's deck. It's bad enough that you can immediately discard the 2 cards that you showed to pay for the powerful card that you just drew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UhhhClem wrote:
Without looking at the rules, I'd argue the opposite. Showing the cards to an opponent is a price you have to pay for the privilege of using the ability on the card. If you don't have any cards, you can't pay that cost. Especially as this is one of the strongest cards in Caprice's deck. It's bad enough that you can immediately discard the 2 cards that you showed to pay for the powerful card that you just drew.

I don't think that's the timing of discarding cards for a discount. I'd think they get tossed before the card's text takes effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.