BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: all meeplepeople.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Roberts
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I was hoping to place a Christmas order through this website, but they have been very unresponsive. I found out about the site on BBG. Can anyone tell me if they've had any luck ordering from them? They don't answer the phone or respond to emails.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have placed two orders from them: one for a set of purple Carcassonne meeples, and an order for a T-shirt and some orange meeples.

Reasonable shipping, got my stuff quickly. Paid with PayPal. No complaints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kenjyenjy wrote:
I was hoping to place a Christmas order through this website, but they have been very unresponsive. I found out about the site on BBG. Can anyone tell me if they've had any luck ordering from them? They don't answer the phone or respond to emails.
Thanks.

You'll find that *many* businesses are not very responsive at this time of year. They are usually busy shipping orders, and answering questions just slows them down. I'm sure they'll answer when they can, but your best bet is to place your order and let them ship it

Tom
Boards & Bits
www.boardsandbits.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered several times, no problems. They're legit and good people.

THe owner is a fellow Geek: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/cynthialandon Try a GeekMail perhaps? (use the BGG internal mail system) You might have been Spam-filtered or something similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian laing
United States
san carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ordered from only once but had not issues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Arnold
Canada
Douglas
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tried to get a order from them for aboard game tournament I was holding. Got 1 email back then replied about 6 times with no responses back from them. Tried calling but there 1-800 number only works in the US, So I never ended up having my meeples for my tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calm Fluffy Bunnies
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a good experiance ordering from their website. Ordered, paid, got meeples (plus some bonus stickers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can also assure you that they are legit. I've done many orders with Cynthia and even have an affiliate link on Boardgame Babylon because I believe in their product (good quality, excellent service). It's a fluke that you didn't get a response and you can expect to get your stuff without a problem.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I've ordered a number of times, since they started. Excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about their service, but I did meet her in person and play some games at her house with her boyfriend/husband (I forget). It's run right out of her house so I'm not sure if that helps or hurts their ability to provide good service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I don't know about their service, but I did meet her in person and play some games at her house with her boyfriend/husband (I forget). It's run right out of her house so I'm not sure if that helps or hurts their ability to provide good service.

Ex boyfriend. As someone who has folded many shirts in the Meeple People mansion, I can assure you Cynthia and her family & friends are working 18 hour days (she told me a few days ago she had 2000 shirts to make this weekend) being it's 2 weeks before Christmas, so email responses might be delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Arnold
Canada
Douglas
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I was trying to contact late september early October. Oh well maybe next year 8-).meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is Cynthia. Eric and Tom are exactly right. This time of year is incredibly busy for us. Meeple People is a honestly a TINY part of our business and I am working hard to get orders out as quickly as possible but sometimes that does mean that the phone goes unanswered and emails are slow to be replied to. But in these times I try to focus the number one thing everyone wants which is to get the orders that they have paid for in time for Christmas as I have promised.

The other part of our business... the vast majority of the shirts we make, are not for MeeplePeople. I LIKE doing MeeplePeople because I like boardgames and boardgamers. But we would be out of business in a heartbeat if that is what we were trying to pay our bills with. So during this time of the year (and our "busy" time, as other business owners can probably confirm, starts in October) we work hard to make the money that allows us to continue to do smaller, more fun things such as run MeeplePeople and play boardgames the rest of the year.

I apologize that I didn't get back to Kurt about donating meeples to his gaming tournament. I do remember his email and I HAVE donated merchandise to groups in the past. But to be honest these two months are sooo busy that I find it hard to find time to sleep sometimes much less organize sending free or extremely discounted items to the various groups that ask me. I know it sounds bad, but that is the situation. Kurt was very polite in his request and I admit I should have tried to find time to deal with it but with the emails and orders building up one has to prioritize and I suppose dealing with things like that have dropped way down on my priority list.

My only day "off" during the month of December was December 3 where I celebrated my birthday at Discovery Cove with some tickets my sister in law gave me. Aside from that I have been working all day every day and will do so until the last Christmas order goes out. Hopefully I will live that long.

It probably sounds like a complaint but I am honestly very thankful that we are so busy. I was worried this year was going to be a slow Christmas since I know how everyone is tight on money for the holidays. I suppose offering lower-priced gift items has been what has saved us, as we are busier than we have ever been. I am exhausted but happy and thankful. And doing my best to make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
cynthialandon wrote:

The other part of our business... the vast majority of the shirts we make, are not for MeeplePeople.

Just out of curiosity. What is the other tee-shirt business you speak of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a website called JohnGaltGifts.com which we have had for several years before we started MeeplePeople.com Also, we sell a lot of custom shirts in our several ebay stores. Ebay is a huge portion of our sales this time of year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha. I just realized that it was Nov. 3 I went to Discovery Cove. Man time flies. Which means I haven't had a day off yet in December. Ahhhhhhhhhh. I am losing my mind apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cynthialandon wrote:
Haha. I just realized that it was Nov. 3 I went to Discovery Cove. Man time flies. Which means I haven't had a day off yet in December. Ahhhhhhhhhh. I am losing my mind apparently.

The joys of being a small business owner!

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.