Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Roller Coaster Tycoon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event cards that move guests. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this game at a Goodwill store in excellent condition except that it is missing 2 event cards and I don't know what they are. More on that in a jiffy.

First, a rules question:
When an event card causes you to move guests to attractions, how are the guest points awarded? Only the attraction owners getting the points or also the person who drew the event card who moves the guests to these attractions? I think that only the owners get the points.

Now for the cards I'm missing. I'm quite sure that I have all of the month cards and auction cards. I have 6 'CLOSED' cards. I have 2 each of 'Bathroom Break', 'Action Rides!', 'It's Hot!', and 'Hunger Strikes!' I have 1 'It's Raining!' prompting me to believe that this is one of my missing cards. I have 3 'Marketing Plan' cards, 2 'Players Collect $500K' and 1 each of 'Some Guests unhappy' and 'Park Won Award'. My best guess as to my other missing card is the unhappy guests card. Since I am also missing one of the blanks in this deck, I can't replace both cards. Can anyone tell me what cards I'm missing? Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jighm wrote:
I picked up this game at a Goodwill store in excellent condition except that it is missing 2 event cards and I don't know what they are. More on that in a jiffy.

First, a rules question:
When an event card causes you to move guests to attractions, how are the guest points awarded? Only the attraction owners getting the points or also the person who drew the event card who moves the guests to these attractions? I think that only the owners get the points.

We've always played that such cards are treated just like you rolled the dice to move the customers; IE, the person whose turn it is gets points as well as the ride owner. (Or the person gets double points if they are both). It doesn't seem to "break" the game to play it that way.

Quote:
Now for the cards I'm missing. I'm quite sure that I have all of the month cards and auction cards. I have 6 'CLOSED' cards. I have 2 each of 'Bathroom Break', 'Action Rides!', 'It's Hot!', and 'Hunger Strikes!' I have 1 'It's Raining!' prompting me to believe that this is one of my missing cards. I have 3 'Marketing Plan' cards, 2 'Players Collect $500K' and 1 each of 'Some Guests unhappy' and 'Park Won Award'. My best guess as to my other missing card is the unhappy guests card. Since I am also missing one of the blanks in this deck, I can't replace both cards. Can anyone tell me what cards I'm missing? Thanks!

Here are the cards:

2 Blank (for custom cards if you want)
5 "Auction"
2 "Auction (Blind)"
5 "Auction (Double Open)"
2 "Auction (Double Blind)"
8 "Advance One Month + $100,000"
4 "Advance One Month + Handyman"
4 "Advance One Month + Inspector"
2 "All Players Collect $500,000"
6 "Closed"
2 "Action Rides!"
1 "It's Raining!"
1 "Some Guests Are Not Happy!"
2 "It's Hot!"
3 "Your Marketing Plan Attracts Guests!"
1 "The Park Has Won An Award!"
2 "Bathroom Break"
2 "Hunger Strikes" (one with Cotton Candy, Pizza, and Ice Cream; the other with Fries, Pizza, Drinks, and Popcorn)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much. It seems that I had every event card, then. The rules stated that there were 54 event cards. I thought the 54 was in addition to the blanks. The attraction cards were 29 plus the blank. It's great to know that I had a complete deck, then. Well, missing a blank, still.

As for the Hunger cards, I believe one of them to be mistaken so I changed the Pizza on one of the cards to the Burger Bar. They left that attraction out for some reason.

Another change I made to the game is that during the hottest months (June, July and August), when a Hunger card comes up, we place it next to the Month Track. When the month changes, we shuffle those Hunger cards back into the draw deck. This gives more incentive to own those attractions.

Thanks again.

Jighm
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jighm wrote:
As for the Hunger cards, I believe one of them to be mistaken so I changed the Pizza on one of the cards to the Burger Bar. They left that attraction out for some reason.

Hmm, I never noticed that. Maybe the Burger Bar has a history of food poisoning or something?

Which card did you change, just out of curiosity?

Quote:
Another change I made to the game is that during the hottest months (June, July and August), when a Hunger card comes up, we place it next to the Month Track. When the month changes, we shuffle those Hunger cards back into the draw deck. This gives more incentive to own those attractions.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea, I may have to try that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The card that I changed was the one with the 4 placements on it.

Just in case it may be of interest to you and to help make this reply a tad bit longer than the single line above, I offer this extra tidbit:
My only blank card was made into an additional Hunger Card pairing each of the guests with a different food stand. (I went alphabetical.) The person who drew the card rolls the guest die and moves that guest and continues to roll and move guests until a guest is rolled a second time. (that guest is not used the second time.) The player can move any guest on a wild roll.

The burger joint cleared up that poisoning incident last month. They killed the rat they believed caused it.

Jighm
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.