Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Discard any number of cards and tokens attached to another character within 1 space."

I understand cards can include curses and negative effects as well as beneficial effects like the Warrior's Weapon Specialization (attach to weapon, add 1 attack). Is this right? What tokens can be removed? Surely not damage tokens? Or quest tokens? Or discovery tokens? I'm unsure what 'tokens' this refers to.

Also, what happens when you use it on yourself (with Improved Green) and you have let's say, a Mana Spring totem card on you and a Water Totem token on your space? Do both the totem card (attached to your character) and the totem token vanish? Kinda confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First you can only use it on cards that say Attach in their instructions.
Damage is not attached its placed. And discovery and quest are not attached they are stored.

But the way I see it, Purge only works on cards that specifically state the word attach.

The tokens I am guessing is just encase they add poison and disease tokens to the game later....or do they already know ninja

Almost didnt see the last question. The card states "any number" meaning not everything attached has to go, just the stuff you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are disease tokens in the game already, aren't there? Hm. if they're not attached to a character, it seems Purge doesn't work at all like the MMORPG version which removes diseases, etc. Purging weapon replacement cards out? Purging paladin seals? Weird. :S

So you could, I suppose, leave the totem where you are and remove the totem card (though my question would be why on earth anyone would do that O_o).

Hm, interesting and strange card overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also says "another character", not any character - "another" doesn't include you.

Quote:
I think there are disease tokens in the game already, aren't there? Hm. if they're not attached to a character, it seems Purge doesn't work at all like the MMORPG version which removes diseases, etc. Purging weapon replacement cards out? Purging paladin seals? Weird. :S

Not so:

Quote:
"Purge rank 1: Purges the enemy target, removing 1 beneficial magic effects."

This isn't purify, cleanse or dispel magic.

Actually,m checking the card, the green level does make it act like cleanse. You should assume it represents the cure poison / cure disease spells you get later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schlimgen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
I understand cards can include curses and negative effects as well as beneficial effects like the Warrior's Weapon Specialization (attach to weapon, add 1 attack).

You can only purge cards attached to a character, not an item. So you could purge the warrior's shout, but not his weapon specialization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.