Popular Tags: [View All]
brenton t vallade
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what do you do if its your turn and you dont have a playable card.

eg. i have no troops in my left flank but all my cards are left flank cards.

do i discard and draw a new card, taking no action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

YES

If you read the FAQ it is somewhere in there, but right now I don't have the time to give you a citation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
A variant that I have used is that you can always use a card to give an order to a single unit if it is otherwise unusable. Some of the cards say this explicitly (like Armor Assault lets you issue an order to a single unit if you have no tanks), but I thought it worked well to generalize it to all the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brenton t vallade
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, it hasnt happened to me yet but if it does that sounds like the best way to handle it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Greeek geek wrote:

YES

If you read the FAQ it is somewhere in there, but right now I don't have the time to give you a citation.

http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/faq/#badh

Quote:
Bad Hand

Q. When a player cannot play any of his Command Cards (because he does not have any units in the appropriate sections), does he discard a card and do not play at all at this turn?

A. You may play a section card for a section where you do not have any units. No units are ordered and thus you will not do anything but discarding a card, and draw another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brenton t vallade
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks alot. I figured that might be the correct way but i like the using a card from another section house rule too. i guess its something that will have to be agreed upon with the other player before the game starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brentont wrote:
thanks alot. I figured that might be the correct way but i like the using a card from another section house rule too. i guess its something that will have to be agreed upon with the other player before the game starts.

It certainly should - as the rules works fine as published!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.