Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Mclaughlin
Australia
Thorneside
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If a multi-gruppe Freie Jagd raid is orbiting and an RAF unit moves adjacent, does every gruppe in the raid have to attempt to tally?

As 12.1 reads, this does appear to be required but from the general feel for how the freie jagd raids work I would have thought that so long as at least one gruppe or staffel makes a successful tally the rest do not need to attempt. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, I think your supposition in para 2 is correct. I can't quote the rule numbers, but I believe you can do it either way. Somewhere in the rules there's talk of creating a new raid number when you split off from a FJ raid to intercept; that means, presumably, that one gruppe out of a two-gruppe FJ (for example) could make the attack. Somewhere else (in the combat resolution rules) there's talk of multiple units in combat gaining a +1 column mod. on the CRT, meaning that those two FJ gruppes could attack together if they wanted.

The thing I tend to forget (probably because the raid is represented by a single counter, not individual units) is that the gruppen tally separately, so one gruppe could tally and the other not! (Think I got that right - rules are at home).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.