Thumb up
1 Posts

Marco Polo Expedition» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Marchlewitz
flag msg tools
This was my wife and my second game of Marco Polo this week. We decided to play the normal two player mode where you could only move one of your caravans per turn.
As she is younger she started in the first and third positions, and I was in the second and fourth positions ( starting from the front ). We began quite slowly, each making sure we got rid of the proper cards early on, as many could fit the bill for the first few spaces. It was slightly further on that you really needed the correct color combos or type. By mid point we both finished in the scoring areas, which is pretty normal for a two player game. Our scores were very close. To begin round two we placed all four caravans on the same space and began leg two of the journey. We noticed several big spaces coming up, including color spaces ( for all five colors ), etc., with a couple of piddly caravan spaces in the way.
II wound up making the first move, and playing enough cards to advance three spaces. the jockeying back and forth was quite even it appeared. I noticed my wife spending one or two more treasures than I had to get even. As it turned out, I had started accumulating four of the same type of cards for the end piece about five turns left in the game. I was hoping to let my wife do the other spaces, so that I could jump over them for the last space, and the big points. I also managed to get the space before the last one as well ( lucky card draw ) and ended the game.

Final score: Peter 27

Wendy 22
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.