Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Schroedl
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping I could get some help. When I do live werewolf sessions I like to spice it up with some inventive story details in the beginning and when a player bites the dust. For example:

--

"Darkness descends over the village. Only a few flickering torches weakly fight the growing shadows. The good common townfolk steal quietly away to their homes, crawling into soft beds to rest. Unbeknownst a terrible transformation is taking place just outside . . . creatures of supernatural and malicious intent have invaded our quiet streets. Their torured souls are driven by a manic hunger to feed on the living. For tonight the werewolves prowl, seeking human flesh."

--

"Upon the first light of dawn a cry goes up throughout the village, someone has died, but not from any natural cause. Late in the night a powerful creature tore open the front door of someones cabin, throughout the house are the signs of a desperate struggle. Blood lies in pools on the floor and has stained the walls. In the bedroom Mike's broken and pitiful remains lie sprawled in a heap. No ordinary animal could have done this, it must've been a werewolf!"

--

My group really enjoys these descriptions, it keeps the game immersive, interesting and varied. My problem is that after awhile my spontaneous creativity hits its limit and my descriptions tend to be:

"And Mike, you are dead."

I know, so very boring. Perhaps I could call on this community for help, write and post a mini-description that can add a bit of flavor to a player's death. And perhaps next time you play there'll be plenty of gruesome descriptions to keep the game lively and imaginative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes I keep a page of Shakespeare quotes on hand to read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever possible use the words "viscera" and "vivisect"

*Note to self, look up synonyms for "gut like a trout"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
*Note to self, look up synonyms for "gut like a trout"

Disembowel is a good one.

I encourage the players to act out their own death scenes. I usually promise points for being over the top, although I never define where the top is, nor what the the points are good for. But having someone writhing on the floor in the middle of the circle does spice the game up, and makes it easier for me to be creative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Laugh. Out. Loud.

I don't get creative anymore. My creativity is in roleset and game mechanics (although my live crew aren't ready for much yet).

Some of my players get creative when they mod, which is great, and the double bonus is sometimes non-creative people try to follow suit.
(Which is HILARIOUS!)

And holy "what the", nschroedl. Let me know when the book has been published, will ya?
That's gripping stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.