Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about purchasing WoW:WWII for my son, but after bouncing from post to post about the game, I'm not sure what miniatures to buy with the game. Also, do I need to buy any of the booster packs to make the game more enjoyable?

I'm sure this has been posted before and I'll get bashed for asking, but I couldn't find an answer to this.

Thank you in advance to all of you who reply with informative answers instead of bashing the guy that really knows nothing about the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rivera
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Minis havent been released yet as far as I know but they are coming see this link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/326475
as for boosters this game plays just fine out of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coyotelaughs wrote:
The Minis havent been released yet as far as I know but they are coming see this link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/326475
as for boosters this game plays just fine out of the box.

I agree with the above post... game plays great out of the box. Get the minis if you want but they're pricey (although very cool) and they really don't add a whole lot to the game... they're just like some extra chrome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies...I think my son would enjoy miniatures with the game, so maybe I'll go with Famous Aces for now, and pick up WWII a bit later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kornhaus
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
historyguy71 wrote:
Thanks for the replies...I think my son would enjoy miniatures with the game, so maybe I'll go with Famous Aces for now, and pick up WWII a bit later.

If you will be getting the minis, Burning Drachens may be a better starting point than Famous Aces. You'll get everything you need to play, including the advanced Altitude and rocket attack rules. Adding a couple of Series I minis (Sopwith Camel, Fokker Triplane, etc.) will add the missing A-D maneuver decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heinzmann
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WalMart has some 1/144th planes but they are all 'gear down'
I got an awesome P-47.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard WM was dropping the 1/144th line of 21st Century planes. This means there will not be anymore aircraft types developed, sooo sad!! I have been trying my hardes to track down the P-47, but to date no such luck....

Jim cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I got 12 1/144s, so I must be covered for a start.
And some HE111 and B-17s!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our scale will be 1/200...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why 1/200?
Your WW1 are 1/144 or am I wrong about this?

Can you tell us about future releases?
Any bombers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason is that 1/200 gives, for tghe average fighter, trhe same size of the average WWI fighter in 1/144 (yes, our WWI is 1/144). So for size/movement ratio, collisions and all it works as fine as WWI 1/144.

It's a bit too early to speak of next release. The Stuka bomber and another dive bomber will be there. For multi-engine bombers, please more patience.

Have fun!

Andrea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your honest answer!

Last question: Will the WWII planes cost the same as the WWI despite the smaller scaler?

Hopefully I can pull my son away from his PC and try the game tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Slotracer wrote:
Last question: Will the WWII planes cost the same as the WWI despite the smaller scaler?

I guess so, since even being in smaller scale they are actually the same size and follow the same production scheme (metal fuselage, plastic for the other parts, a mix of machine painting + decals + maybe hand final touches if needed).

Hoping that the recent mess both in prioductionb/shipping costs and dollar/euro ratio will not force any rise. For the moment Nexus kept the old price anyway.

All the best,

A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.