Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read that a gent by the name of John Martino once made an expansion map to Russian Front. Does anyone else know of this and might have a scan or link to share? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul canosa
Japan
shizuoka
Shizuoka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow I didn't know anything about this.

now two would be most appreciative !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There is mention about having THAT with this here: http://www.grognard.com/variants/russcam.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to have this. I have checked out the info they have on Grognards before. Pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dunne
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ichirou wrote:
I have read that a gent by the name of John Martino once made an expansion map to Russian Front. Does anyone else know of this and might have a scan or link to share? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Yes, I remember reading about this on Consimworld forums. Here's a link where Martino says to get in touch with him about the extension map:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@17.FV7HebWIDPH.14@.ee6d0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, very cool. I shall contact Mr. Martino right away then. Thank you much for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, I have been working with an artist to transform these map extensions in to a new map for the VASSAL module. Work is complete and I am endeavoring to complete the module. Should be up and ready to play before too long.

The extensions used as the basis for this update include:
Irwin Sacks' Western Extension (all the way to the Elbe)
John Martino's Northern Extension (adds to Finland)
John Martino's Eastern Extension (Caucasus, down to Baku)

The original RF Vassal module artist, Jeff Wise, has done the new artwork.

I will be adding this as an option, not replacing the original map. Check the Vassal.org site for updates. I'd say no later than 4th of July weekend to get this done.

--JokerRulez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vassal Module with Map Extensions Posted to VASSAL Site

Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to announce the first version of the Russian Front VASSAL module to include the Map Extensions has been posted to:
http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php?option=com_v...

This file is not a Vassal Extension at this time. It is a stand-alone Vassal module with all of the necessary modifications in place. The file is called: RFT-v2.1.2_E-v1.0.vmod. You will need to download and use it like any other Vassal module.

I have completed the new Replacement chart and Victory Points chart for use with the Map Extensions. Also, I added some quick versions of the charts for the 1942 Fall Blau scenario by Byron Henderson (thank you sir) and the 1944 scenario by Irwin Sacks. The only setup file included is the General Magazine setup. More will come later I'm sure.

This is version 1.0 of the module, and I am certain it will need a little work. However, I have played around inside it and it appears to be very playable so .. GAME ON!!!!

The maps are the 2.0 versions. We can revisit these at a later date if revisions are needed.

Much thanks to Jeff Wise for the artwork (applause please). Everyone owes tremendous thanks to Irwin Sacks and John Martino for the original extensions. Big thanks to Byron Henderson for the efforts testing the original versions of these and for developing a Fall Blau scenario.

Questions, comments, and/or concerns please feel free to contact me. Hope you all like it and have many, many more hours of gaming goodness as a result.

Have fun!

--JokerRulez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.