United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I quickly reviewed the rules, as I hadn't played in a while. The rules are fairly easy, a basic wargame. I had no one to play with, so this is a solitaire session. I play both sides to the best of my ability, with the winning side getting a smidgen less optimum moves.

The setup is quick for the Soviets, as all their units are the same - all half-strength infantry, but the Germans have to decide where each of their units are going to go. The Germans have tanks along with infantry.

Turn 1.
The Germans go first. They immensely outnumber the half-strength Russian Infantry. But in the north, they just cause retreats. No kills yet. Bryansk gets surrounded and they prepare for a Southerly push.

The Russians maintain the line, eliminate an full strength unit by surrounding it and and then causing it to retreat.

The Germans break through at 2 points and surround several Russian units.

The 10th Russian Infantry Unit pulls out of the surrounded point with help from the 30th and the 32nd.
Soviets make a break in the link in the Northern Front with heavy losses.
The Soviet Reinforcements push the 8th Inf back.
Then they make a stand behind the river.

Mud turn - Slows advances, and weakens attacks
The Germans slow to a crawl.

The Soviets receive reinforcements, and just sit back to await the attacks.

More mud. More slogging through the mud for the Germans.

First Shock Troop arrives. The rails don't worry about the mud and they can receive reinforcements quickly. They maintain line, and surround XLI, a 12 strength panzer unit.

Moscow is taken! All the strongest panzer uints are grouped around Moscow to defend it from attackers. An "underbelly" push is staged to delay any more troops arriving.

The full Soviet force tries to take back Moscow. No success. They must take it back, they know that.

Tightly meshed together, the Germans still hold Moscow against the Russians.

The Russians take Moscow back, pushing out the panzers!

The Germans try to retake it, but the Russian's 5 reinforcements a turn is killing them, and they are now outnumbered.

The end of the game concludes with Russia holding Moscow successfully. A close game, with Moscow in the middle of the tug of war at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.