Popular Tags: [View All]
R. N. Dominick
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally read the green Taoist's power as only applying to curse die rolls that he makes, which makes sense to me. During the Yin phase, the ghosts are acting, not the player, so green's tormentors continue to torment. Also, if green's power was usable during the Yin phase, then why couldn't one spend a power token to use it as such?

However, other posts I've been reading here show that other players play differently. I searched through the posts I could find, and didn't really find an answer. Antoine Bauza over here (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/351537) did say that green couldn't reroll a die he rolled for a neutral board, but that's not the same thing and there's a little confusion there due to the mention of power tokens etc.

So what's the consensus, here? Allowing green to reroll or ignore the curse die during the Yin phase makes green's power far more powerful than the other player's...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play that a green player CAN re-roll/ignore the curse die during the Yin phase...

However if the green board is neutral (i.e. when fewer than 4 players) then the green power can only be used during the Yang phase (by spending a power token)... this was my comment on another thread, apologies if that caused confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atholbrose wrote:
I originally read the green Taoist's power as only applying to curse die rolls that he makes, which makes sense to me. During the Yin phase, the ghosts are acting, not the player, so green's tormentors continue to torment. Also, if green's power was usable during the Yin phase, then why couldn't one spend a power token to use it as such?

I agree with you. I played it wrong a couple of times before re-reading the rules which explicitly says that the power tokens only affect the Yang phase (which implied that the green's power cannot be invoked by the power token in the Yin phase). Obviously the rule is in there just for this case (it doesn't apply to any of the other powers). It just makes playing the Green character that much more attractive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.