Subject: Dotted/Dashed Cycle Lanes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Saunders
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please can someone clarify this for me. I think I've got it but a second opinion would really help...

NRBH but I believe the rules to say something along the lines of - the peleton must ride between the dotted lines. I can understand the reasoning behind this. a large body of cyclists do, after all, demand a fair amount of road.

So, what is the peleton supposed to do on a straight peice of road where all three lanes are separated by dotted lines. Can the peleton choose which lane to be in or must it stay in the centre lane? I believe the former. But if that is the case then why have dotted lines at all?

Perhaps a simple question for some but not for poor old me

Regards

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If lanes are seperated by dotted lines, then those are not the dotted lines they refer to for the pelotonline.

If you look closely at the tiles then you will see that in some (most?) corners cells will have some dots inside a lane. Those are the dots that you are required to follow.

In case there are no dots, you can chose where to place the peloton, but you have to make sure the peloton can follow the next turn according to the dots in case there are any ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Saunders
United Kingdom
Blackpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moorwild wrote:
If lanes are seperated by dotted lines, then those are not the dotted lines they refer to for the pelotonline.

If you look closely at the tiles then you will see that in some (most?) corners cells will have some dots inside a lane. Those are the dots that you are required to follow.

In case there are no dots, you can chose where to place the peloton, but you have to make sure the peloton can follow the next turn according to the dots in case there are any ....

Thank you so much. You've answered my question perfectly. I was getting confused with the white dotted lines which seperate lanes. The rules refer to black dashes clearly marked within certain track spaces (usually corners).

This one has puzzled me for weeks. A thousand thank-yous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wittmann222 wrote:
I can understand the reasoning behind this. a large body of cyclists do, after all, demand a fair amount of road.

btw in terms of gameplay there is also a good reason for these peloton-lines. As the peloton never takes shortcuts on turns, those are good places to breakaway .... [and even that mimicks real cycling ...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
claudio diazzi
msg tools
I agree with the explanations given, but what about the the white dotted lines between lanes ?. What are they intended for ?

Thanks,

Claudio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claudioh wrote:
I agree with the explanations given, but what about the the white dotted lines between lanes ?. What are they intended for ?

Nothing. Nada. Zip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.