Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim maher
Ireland
Dublin 16
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just come across this game and am very tempted to purchase but have a couple of slight concerns which I was hoping to get some feedback on.Looking at the comments it would seem that negative views center primarily around the issue of random events. Personally I have absolutely no problem with dice/randomness after all as already mentioned we are dealing with 1000 year turns.

However my worry is to what extent this may cause a situation (as mentioned in a no of posts) that players get so far behind or trapped and/or a runaway leader emerges that these players become totally frustrated and turned off by the game --- I acknowledge it is more complicated than that as people might get into that position in any event through bad/good play (although if it is your own fault you surely will be tempted to try again!).

As I said this seems to be a significant issue for a lot of the negative comments so I am wondering if some of the optional rules address this while still rewarding good game play or are these issues overstated?

Any obsevations greatly appreciated.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only real issue is being stuck as a Hobbit in SE asia when the climate changes, (or Cro-magnons stuck in the desert) particularly if this happens before your first turn.

This thread

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/345796

has a solution to the problem, with a note from the designer at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim maher
Ireland
Dublin 16
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks Darrell for that information. Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The new Living Rules are posted at www.sierramadregames.com (download section), These rules address player problems, other errata, the solitaire game, frequently asked questions, special rules, and more. I also recommend subscribing to the Originsgame yahoo group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.