Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
W. Eric Martin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The players: Paul, Irsel, Angie, Brian, Eric

Various games ended and some players shuffled around, although one group stuck with party games. Jeremy and Stephanie ran off together to play a two-player game. I pushed for Traumfabrik since we had five players and a freshly punched copy of the game, but Paul and others wanted something lighter, so we played Paul's copy of Bausack.

After Angie asked me to say the name of the game several more times ("What's the name again? Oh, it's not...") and we struggled through the auction rules, we started bidding and building. I took a long flat sloped base and set it on edge for my base, then placed wider blocks across it to provide more support for larger items. Brian opted for a long and lean look, while Irsel didn't have anything to work with for a long time.

Paul went out first, then Angie when a small disc slid off her ovoid. I somehow stayed in with eight or so items on my skinny base, but finally I was done in by a bad egg. I had run through my beans quickly and couldn't refuse anything. Brian had plenty of room on his base and outlast Irsel once he unwisely chose to place a bucket upside-down on a rounded piece. An interesting game, but I'm not likely to spring the 95 bucks that Rio Grande is currently asking for imported copies.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.